Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FINAL PRICE $5500 1989 alfa romeo spider quadrifoglio

FINAL PRICE $5500 FIRM FIRM FIRM....MUST MAKE ROOM IN DRIVEWAY...I HAD IT AT $7,000 AND DISCOVERED A SMALL LEAK MAIN SEAL...SO I HAVE DROPPED PRICE TO COMPENSATE....THIS IS A COMPLETE CAR...Canadian funds takes it !! need to move it and get cash...... Here is the story.
I bought this car to fix up for my sister who has loved these cars ever since she graduated and saw the car in the movie the Graduate. Some 20 years later I decided to buy this one and fix it up.
I bought it with hardtop. It wouldn’t start and I took a chance it was minor (diagnosed why it wouldn’t start (corroded connector). It apparently sat in and out of a garage for 5 years. Odometer said 42K, but I don't believe it.
Has some welded patches done on drivers side pan.

After replacing the brake rotors and rebuilt the brake calipers, Adjusted the valves, changed the suspension bushings rear, replaced the fuel pumps in tank and outer, powder coated the valve cover, replaced a few lines, drained gas, changed all oils.
Just got it certified & plated and was about to do emissions test.
So the car was basically ready for me to present it to her this past Christmas. Other than bodywork, paint and fine tuning.
I drove it there with no issues other than fuel sputtering due to it hasn’t been run for years properly. By the end of the trip, it ran fine and strong. Ordered new fuel pump relay. not installed yet. Waiting on delivery as of Feb/7/2016
Clutch may need to be replaced as going into 2nd gear, have to depress clutch all the way….
She was thrilled but had to discuss with her husband because they live Downtown Toronto and just didn’t have anywhere to park it. And her and her family has too much going on. She sadly refused to accept the car as a gift from me. So, I decided to keep it myself.
I took the carpets out and cleaned them…they came out beautifully. Scotch guarded them 3 times. See pictures.
I figured bodywork and paint $2500 and final mechanical fine tuning (fuel) or something other making it idle rough. so I bought several new parts to put the final touches on her once everything was done.
After pondering this, I have now decided to sell it.

I have so many parts for it. See pictures
Spent $1,000 on new leather seats. (LeatherSeats.com )
Parking brake boot, Gear shift Boot, Leather steering wheel wrap.
Almost new Pirelli P4 tires.
2 new rear springs and straps.
New Slotted drilled rotors and 4 rebuilt brake calipers.
New brake lines- see picture not installed
New badges, Original Quad badges
New front grill rubber center piece.
New Door Weather-stripping Left and right
New Carpeted Mats fronts.
1 dust and 1 waterproof all weather covers.
2 original Door handles
Soft top was said to be new but sat in storage and some cleaning chemicals marked the back window. The softop will clean up nice with a pressure washer. mint shape.
New Battery
Complete shop manual
New corner marker lights
New engine mounts- They need to be replaced.
Trunk has some surface rust and holes.
So, what am looking to get for this? well my loss is your gain $5500 Canadian FIRM !!.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts