Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
John802,

Just came upon your post and wondering how goes your performance updates?

Also, as you probably know, we have Variable Valve Timing (VVT) on our engines that advances the intake cam 20* at WOT via contacts on the throttle position switch. If you turn on your ignition (no start) then go around to the passenger side and slowly open the throttle, you should hear a click at the VVT solenoid, very close to WOT.

There have always been questions about how much of a performance improvement results from VVT activation, and frankly, no matter how carefully I have tried to engage VVT, my calibrated seat-of-the-pants evaluation has never been able to sense any difference.

Perhaps the next time you do a dyno run, you could do all L Jet owners a favor and include a "not quite WOT" run in your testing. Or you could run WOT up to a certain RPM, then back off enough (see above) to drop out of VVT.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
So jon802, you have yet to weigh in!

How goes it?

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
"Mongo pawn in great game of life." :)

While I concur VVT tip-in on S3 2.0's may only put cam timing where it would otherwise be, and helps address the performance compromises mentioned by barboncino, there must still be a dyno difference in Torque/HP and I for one would very much like to see curves, with and without VVT.

Interesting, but not surprising that an S4, with the more sophisticated Motronic System would seem to exhibit a noticeable performance difference.

Why do I care about this stuff? I dunno. Too much time on my hands? :)

And jon802, wazzup?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.