Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She at the collision shop right now. Some (not so kind words) backed into her here at work then denied it. Not a lot of damage and thank goodness it's at a Jaguar dealership getting fixed by some really good people who also work on Porsches and Austin Martins. Paul Guglielmetti (Detroit, Michigan)

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Paul,

Welcome the the BB and just wanted to say that silver on a european car looks just perfect.

I want one! I want one! I want one!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I have a general mistrust for vehicles at e-Bay ... maybe because I never bought one there :) .

I found it through www.autotrader.com when I was actually searching for a Jeep Wrangler.

This has always been my dream car and back when I was 19 my parents would not let me buy a Fiat X19 so I bought a Jeep. Therefore I love Jeeps and Alfa Spiders :D :D
Paulo

P.S. My wife loves the Alfa and still would like to have a Jeep. I think one day I'll have both :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey Paul, I knew I recognized those photos. That's right, the car was on autotrader. If I remember, it was reasonably priced and looked to be in excellent physical condition. Happy motoring and educate everyone in your neck of the woods about Alfa. PS- if you go to the photo gallery section, you can see my 64 Giulia Sprint in the thread titled MY 64 Giulia Sprint Veloce. The general.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, that's where the photos are from. I haven't had a chance to take my own photos yet and these are really nice.

Since I bought it, I have put a K&N Cone Filter, tightened the backlash on the steering, got rid of the squeeks and rattles from the exhaust pipes and oil pan guard, replaced the wiper fluid pump, installed new lap belts, put in a remote controlled battery disconnect (http://www.blinder-laser-jammer.com/battery_brain.htm), replaced the spark plugs and wires.

My now wife hides the checkbook everytime she sees me with the International Auto or Vicks catalog in my hands:D

It runs absolutely wonderful and a joy to drive. The only thing I have to look into is the gear oil leak (one drop per day) coming from the transmission and rear axle. I'll top it off as soon as I get it back from the collision shop then see what is going on when time permits.

Paulo

·
Registered
484 Posts
Paul. did the seller have the hardtop too? I'm sure you know that Quads came standard with a factory hardtop.
The general.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes,

I drove it home with the (matching) hardtop. I read this some time after and experienced the same thing. The soft top is actually quieter than driving with the hardtop on. I know it has a lot to do with anchoring it down. Most of the noise was coming from the windows since the top was not firm against the "deck". This left a gap on the rearmost part of the window frame.

When I first got it, I was afraid to tighten down the brackets. In all actuallity, I don't plan on doing much "cold" weather driving. The problem here in Michigan is that they throw way too much salt on the road as soon as we have a snow flurry.
Paul

·
Registered
484 Posts
PGcooldad ya did good. It's a beautiful car. At your convenience check out my 64 giulia sprint gt veloce on the so entitled thread. I think you'll like what you see. the general.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have a beautiful ride. Interestingly, back when I was about 14-15 years old. There was an Italian guy in our neighborhood that had one just like it, but dark grey in color. Back then I had no clue about Alfa's and how rare that was.

Now , if I could, I would add this one to my garage:
http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=122852828&dealer_id=&car_year=1985&make=ALFA&distance=any&max_price=&model=ALFAGT&advcd_on=n&end_year=2004&min_price=&certified=n&address=48038&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1983&color=&cardist=523

But, I have to have a daily commuter to get back and forth to work and all the trips to soccer fields. With 5 kids, it only leaves me enough time to take care of one Alfa.
Paul

·
Registered
484 Posts
Funny that you point out that GTV. Our tastes are similar. I've seen that car and admired it while surfing Autotrader. However, you may want to consider a 164 as your family car. I have a 93 as my daily driver and it is a blast. I'll post photos in a few days. Happy motoring, the general.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts