Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do you replace the bulb in these things - it looks like the bumper has to be detached ?!!

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
Memory being the second thing to go (I forget the first thing...) I think you have to reach up from underneath/behind and turn the whole lamp socket assembly 1/4 to 1/2 turn CCW. Then the assembly come out so you can access the bulb. I think...

See: Bulb Sockets and Bulb size for '84 Spider-Front bumper

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks right, so you’re memory isn’t that bad. I think someone has tried before because the bulb holder was actually just sitting up under the bumper minus the bulb. So I’m guessing the capless bulb is possibly still in the light housing. The manual I have suggests the sidelight itself is secured by two nuts/bolts but they are tucked behind the plate securing the side bit of the bumper. The relay was ticking quickly which prompted me to have a poke around.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It's rarely the bulb. I'd check the wire connections first. It's easier!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Andy, as the bulb holder was flopping about unattached , I stuck a bulb in and everything worked properly so I just have to work out how to reassemble everything properly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Andy, as the bulb holder was flopping about unattached , I stuck a bulb in and everything worked properly so I just have to work out how to reassemble everything properly
For those with the same difficulty, I unfastened the 12mm nut securing the side part of the bumper and was able to wriggle the bulb holder out and back again, refastened the bumpet and we're back in business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts