Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Listers:

It looks like I will be under the dash of the Spider again soon, and I want to rehab the Air Conditioning, make it really work as well as possible. Has anyone found an alternative to these two flexible rubber "ducts" (attached) which, in practice, have proved pretty worthless? To that point, is there a source out there for various shapes, sizes of automotive ducting?

Thanks for any information you can send my way and

Best

Andy

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,931 Posts
The issue isn't the rubber ducts per se, it's usually that when you put the radio in it disconnects the right side duct. Here's a post that documents a fix that worked well for me.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/12550-fix-ac-center-vents-not-blowing-90-spider.html

I didn't actually make the little plastic "football" thing, what I did was tape a rectangular piece of plastic in place along the right hand side to protect the duct from the radio. But same idea.

On the left side, I just had to re-route the hose a bit. As originally installed it was pinched under one of the cable sheaths there, once I repositioned it it worked well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts