Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally my first spider !!.., is a '88 Quadrifoglio. As always, bought it over the phone..sight unseen...luckly, the car is in very good overall shape. However, I am missing the owners manual where I could read about the hardtop removal steps, a friend volunteered to take it out...when I saw the enormous hammer and screw-driver in his hands, I decided NOT to do anything until I could have the proper instructions.
Is there an addendum to the owners manual for the hardtop handling?.., and if so, is there a board member-spider owner kind enough to provide me with a copy?.., I am prepared to pay for this copy.
Thank you all in advance,
Alberto

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
To remove the Hardtop, you need to access the "J" hooks on the sides of the hardtop, just back of each door edge where the soft top hinges. They have a nut that needs to be undone. Then you release the windshield to top clamps. Slide the top backwards to clear the retainer clips on the rear deck. and lift off the hard top...a two man job.
I have an 87 Quad and have accumulated an extensive and complete info...eMail me and I can send you a copy.
Elio

·
Registered
7 Posts
To remove the Hardtop, you need to access the "J" hooks on the sides of the hardtop, just back of each door edge where the soft top hinges. They have a nut that needs to be undone. Then you release the windshield to top clamps. Slide the top backwards to clear the retainer clips on the rear deck. and lift off the hard top...a two man job.
I have an 87 Quad and have accumulated an extensive and complete info...eMail me and I can send you a copy.
Elio
You responded years ago, but if you still have the detailed instructions, I would appreciate it if you would send them to me, as I just bought an '88 Quadrifoglio and want to take off the hardtop. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

·
Registered
8,126 Posts
here are the 3 pages from the manual (that Huggy posted) describing hardtop fitting/removal
it is all straightforward stuff....make sure you unplug the electrical connector behind the side drape on left/driver's side

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts