Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked this one up this week. It is a 1988 with 82,000 miles and original paint. The suspension is lowered, with Koni's and rear springs. Along with new Torsion bars an 16" wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
Wowee, very nice. Have been thinking about using the same wheels on ours, except I do like the originality of the phone dials. Better tires in the 16 inch size, though. What is the style or model number of the wheels? What tires are on this one?

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,564 Posts
Looks great, where did you find it?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Alfa Romeo mechanic in Northridge California where I purchased by 1974G TV last June . One of his customers had 3 of them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Wow. Nice.

BTW some pretty awesome tires available on 205-50/15 that go well on stock 6x15 wheels, Yoko Advan052, Bridgestone Re71r, Toyo R1R, Goodyear rival S 1.5, Direzza zIII, some DOT street/track tires like Trofeo R, Continental Extreme Contact Sport, some others that are a little less extreme. Some great tires in 195/55-15 as well. I run 205/50-15 re71r on my GTV6 on 15x6 OEM wheels, amazing, and am getting ready to put Advan 052 225/50-15 on 15x7 OZ wheels on my other GTV6. 16” do look better on Milano than GTV6 for my liking, opinions vary.

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
Have been very happy with the Michelin Exalto PE2 on my Alfas, but they don't make them anymore for the 15 inch wheel, alas. So...looking for an equivalent for the Milano.

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
We ran a set of the Dunlop Direzza on our Lemons Milano and they held up really well. I'm running them on my Berlina at the moment.

·
Registered
418 Posts
@Del I had a set of PE2, they were the absolutely perfect street tire for gtv6 or Milano. You might try the Continental ExtremeContacts. I have not had them but my tire shop gives them high marks.

·
Premium Member
15,845 Posts
Lol, we seem to think alike.

·
Registered
418 Posts
@archeologist lots of folds like the direzza zIII and 101. I did try a set of dz102 205/55 on my GTV6 and they were comfy but a little too soft in the sidewalk. Then I flat spotted them so went to the re71r which I don’t think will hold up long for lemons. But hear that the Falkens do real well in endurance racing!

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
@archeologist lots of folds like the direzza zIII and 101. I did try a set of dz102 205/55 on my GTV6 and they were comfy but a little too soft in the sidewalk. Then I flat spotted them so went to the re71r which I don’t think will hold up long for lemons. But hear that the Falkens do real well in endurance racing!
I bought the DZ102 by mistake but I was really impressed with how well they held up. I I like them on my Berlina, but other than one track day I drive it like a Grandpa around town.

Im going to move them to my GTV6 and put some 185/70/14 back on the Berlina

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
The fuel injection return hose in your engine bay, appears to be original. If it is, then that's a fire waiting to happen. If that was my Milano I'd change every old fuel line in the car.
Lots of GTV6's & Milanos have been lost to fuel fires in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Del,
Those wheels are Masitaly brand. Really easy to clean LOL. I have a set to sell. DSCN1026.JPG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The wheels and tires were on the car when I purchased it. The wheels as mentioned above are Masitaly 16”, the tires are BF Goodrich G Force Speed 205/45/ZR16

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats! That car looks to be in amazing condition -- I don't understand how a car can have over 80k miles and look that good. Not that I'm jealous :sick: ...no not me!

Who's your wrench? I've been using Alfa Italia in Burbank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts