Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my 1988 Milano Verde. I love this car and hate to see it go but the time has come. I purchased this car from a good friend 7 years ago. The car was in Wichita KS at the time. Drove her home to Denver with not a single hiccup, 6 hours of pouring rain to boot! The car was totally original at the time, looking amazing for its age. According to the maintenance log book the speedometer/odometer was replaced @ 23,442 miles on March 19, 1991. Mileage count is currently @ 41,599. After examining the rest of the available records I am 99% sure this is a 65,000 mile car. I have the original owner’s manual, Maintenance Program booklet, and other new owner literature, Window Sticker, and records dating back to 1996. The following items have been installed within the last 7years/3k miles:

Yellow Koni Shocks – Currently on the stiffest setting.

Lowering Sport Springs (Rear)

Tom Zat Fast Cat Exhaust w/ Ansa Rear Section

Front and Rear Sport Sway Bars

Cross Drilled Rotors (All 4)

Currently Fitted with TSW VX1 16x7, 5/098, Wrapped with Yokohama AVS ES100, 225/45/ZR16

K&N Air Filter

Timing Belt, Tensioner, and Water Pump replaced just over 3k miles ago.

New Tachometer

New Power Steering Lines

New Gas Tank

New Fuel Pump

Alpine CD Radio w/ Tilting face.

New Power Antenna

NEW windshield, almost perfect condition.

The Not so Perfect:

Headliner is sagging

Drivers seat has the normal Verde wear spot

Slight discoloration on the driver’s side carpet, sun fade.

Sunroof is disconnected as it does not work correctly. It has a new motor but needs to be adjusted to operate correctly. It’s currently fixed in the closed position and does not leak at all.

ABS light is illuminated. Brakes feel okay but I have not driven it for more than a 10 mile stretch for some time. The accumulator was replaced last summer.

The paint is original and in amazing condition for a 23 year old car. That being said normal rock chips and parking lot scratches are there. A few dings here and there but nothing really noticeable.

The car is amazing to drive. Good power through all the gears, smooth shifting. To say it handles like its on rails is an understatement. The car is located in Lakewood, CO. $5000 OBO. I might consider a trade for a nice clean spider.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only original parts i have are the stock sway bars. The parts replaced were well beyond a good useable condition as everything was original. The stock Verde wheels were dinged up pretty good on the inside lip, common problem with those wheels.

Thanks frosti!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,456 Posts
I have seen this car numerous times and it is a very nice example.

I have not driven it or examined it closely, but from a casual inspection it is exactly as described.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seriously interested, how is the syncro on 2nd gear? Does it grind? What are the condition of the rear brakes?
Do you have interior pics somewhere else to look at?
tks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Joe! Makes me second guess my decision to sell......

Alfagrinch - 2nd gear is pretty good. I have only heard it grind once during high a speed downshift on the track. I have owned numerous V6 Alfas, this is the tightest tranny out of them all. Rear brake pads/rotors have less than 1500 miles on them. Drilled/slotted rotors, carbon fiber pads. Email me @ [email protected] and I will send you high res pics, just let me know what you would like to see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price Reduction - $4250.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Alex! I am going to miss her but I can't keep them all.....

Thanks to whoever posted the car on BaT. I have had and unbelievable amount of interest generated from that posting. The car is just about sold, I will post when the transaction is complete. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SOLD!

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
The car was sold to a BB'r that had interest since it was initially posted. The interest off of the BaT site was great but the BB is where its at for the Alfisti. Going to a good place and hopefully a good tale will follow......

·
Registered
167 Posts
The car was sold to a BB'r that had interest since it was initially posted. The interest off of the BaT site was great but the BB is where its at for the Alfisti. Going to a good place and hopefully a good tale will follow......
Well, I haven't been looking for a few weeks, but I was going through the BaT listings and saw this one. When I saw the date and the price, I knew it would be sold by the time I got here. And, it is.

I guess if I were seriously looking, I'd be here every day, anyway. But the really nice examples are so few and far between.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts