Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Milano Verde 3.0 that I need a new clutch kit for ASAP. I have a friend that is going to be doing the work but I have no idea where to look/find this part and I don't really want to order it through NAPA Auto and other such stores because I feel I will be overpaying. And I would like to just say thank you to whoever can help out.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You can get the whole balanced assembly from places like International Auto (Welcome to International Auto Parts) or Centerline (Centerline Alfa Romeo (888) 750-ALFA).

The whole assembly, which is how most sell it, is not cheap, I've seen it between $790-$890 or if you can get by with just a clutch disk then about $85.

In one of my cars the pressure plate, throwout bearing and such were all fine so I was able to just replace the disk, on one of my others I replaced the whole unit.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
14,768 Posts
I would probably just replace the friction disk provided that the throwout bearing felt good and the contact surfaces were not scored. If you do that, remember to mark the alignment of the pressure plate and flywheel as they are balanced as an assembly.

·
Registered
1974 S2 spider
74 Posts
Do you know the original Alfa part number? I have 3 new clutches in alfa boxes, not sure what they fit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts