Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
The new price is still high for a car with red overspray on the dash and no catalytic converter. How much of the car has been repainted? Does the A/C work? Does the cruise control work? Does the sunroof still slide back into the roof or does it just tilt open and closed? Why has a fuel filter been added before the fuel rail? The lighting of the rack shot makes it hard to really see the condition under the car, is there rust from driving on salty, snowy roads? This is too far away for me but could be a sweet car for someone at the right price.

This car may do well on Bring a Trailer. Search their archives, I think a similar low mileage Gold sold for around $10k.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The new price is still high for a car with red overspray on the dash and no catalytic converter. How much of the car has been repainted? Does the A/C work? Does the cruise control work? Does the sunroof still slide back into the roof or does it just tilt open and closed? Why has a fuel filter been added before the fuel rail? The lighting of the rack shot makes it hard to really see the condition under the car, is there rust from driving on salty, snowy roads? This is too far away for me but could be a sweet car for someone at the right price.

This car may do well on Bring a Trailer. Search their archives, I think a similar low mileage Gold sold for around $10k
Hi,
Price still high ? hum...i think not. Alfa Milano is now very difficult to find with a good state and low milleage.
All the car has already been repainted.
A/C not working (disconnected) but need to change gaz and working again.
Cruise control not working (disconntect) too
Sunroof working
Why has a fuel filter been added before the fuel rail, it is my mechanic that he added it as a precaution.
The rust has been repaired and the structure is ok. Everything has been validated by the competent authorities for the restarting of the car.
In addition ... the car does not drive in winter and even in the rain.
Adjustment of the torsion bars were made, and a full cleaning with 2-step polishing was also done. here is the last photo taken this weekend (more photos will arrive because it will be announced on bringatrailer and shiftgate)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
This is top shape 3.0L Verde money. Good condition Gold edition Milano's are not exceeding $10K yet. I know of a good condition Platinum locally for $6K. Have a look at BaT to give you an idea.
If you need to sell, its only worth what someone is willing to pay, as the cliche goes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is top shape 3.0L Verde money. Good condition Gold edition Milano's are not exceeding $10K yet. I know of a good condition Platinum locally for $6K. Have a look at BaT to give you an idea.
If you need to sell, its only worth what someone is willing to pay, as the cliche goes.
A verde was sold in Canada for 22,000 CAD last month.

Mine has low milleage, the market is up and a lot of people underestimate the value of an Alfa Milano (75) - compare prices in europe ... it sells for MUCH more than that.

My opinion :)
I am in no rush to sell it ... I like it very much. But I will not sell it because people underestimate the history of this car.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good luck

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI Q4
789 Posts
Ideally to get top dollar in an auction you need to repair the A/C and cruise control. While any major rust may have been repaired, there's no guarantee it won't return, and as noted your underside photo leaves a lot to the imagination. Auction on BaT will bring up all these points -and probably more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ideally to get top dollar in an auction you need to repair the A/C and cruise control. While any major rust may have been repaired, there's no guarantee it won't return, and as noted your underside photo leaves a lot to the imagination. Auction on BaT will bring up all these points -and probably more.
If you want no rust...dont look to buy a old Alfa with 33 years...or buy a new Alfa Romeo Giulia from dealer :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI Q4
789 Posts
I did buy a rustfree 88 Milano-came from Pacific Northwest. I also bought new Giulia from the local dealer.

Reactions: Goned75

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
17,335 Posts
Our 89 Milano is completely rust free. Same for the 164. As were our previous Alfas, except for the 75 sedan, driven for two years in DC. It's how it goes here.

Reactions: Goned75
21 - 29 of 29 Posts