Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1988 milano gold

For Sale 
3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  frosti108 
#1 · (Edited)
Great car. But the Rear Main Seal is gone. I am ready to let her go. Great car for parts. all lights, the body are fine. Only one spot of rust. You pick it up in Aspen for $1500.00. Make an offer. call me, E-Mail me, talk to me please. I have photos. I do not know how to post them on this ad.White paint.
Stephane, 970-948-1828, lagrandemain@yahoo.com. Thank you

#4 ·
1988 MILANO Gold

I do not know enough about the car. I do know that the oil pours from the bell behind the engine through the opening at the bottom of the bell.
I changed the oil, put in 7 quarts and drove it for seventy miles. It was three quarts low.
How expensive is the oil sending unit change?

#5 ·
The oil pressure sender is a small can-shaped item (~ 1.5" dia X 1" or 2" tall) located on the top, rear of the block. It has an electrical connection on the top. To see it you'd have to get close to the firewall and peer down. If it were leaking that bad it should be quite noticeable.

It is not expensive or hard to replace except it's one of those jobs where you can either see what you need to do or do what you need to do but you can't see what you need to do while you're doing it...!

#6 ·
Thats true Eric that is one of the annoying jobs I have ever done, no room to work at all. I had some leak and thought it was the rear main seal but turned out to be the sender.

I am pretty positive lagrandemain has the same issues. That's a lot of oil losing in 70 miles drive.

Giorgio

#7 ·
There is a pressure switch sender and the analog sender for the pressure gauge. In my case it was the pressure switch and it is not too hard to replace. The analog sender is more difficult. You might need a crow foot wrench to get that one.

#9 · (Edited)
If you'd like me to post pictures here for you, email them to me.

Pictures, a more realistic price, and a bit more patience will save this Milano from a pressure crunching fate . . maybe.

Personally, I would have been interested if you were closer.

Gerry

#11 ·
I agree with Dragline, this car can probably be saved. Especially since white is a very rare and pretty color on a Milano.

I am in the Denver metro area, much closer than most people but still a 4+ hour drive through the mountains in the middle of winter. So, I would have to really want the car and it would have to be immaculate, considering the running issue, to warrant $1,500 and a trip to fetch it. Resize the photos and post them, somebody will probably get interested.

If you want maximum price for this car, get the oil leak fixed, wait until Spring, and market the car with lots of pretty pictures. Under those circumstances, you will have a much wider audience.

I am a huge Milano fan, and have 3 of them at the moment, but other than Verdes and exceptionally nice cars, they really aren't bringing much money. They really should be worth more than they are, but that's the reality right now.

#12 · (Edited)
Well . . the 'more realistic price' comment wasn't exactly fair without seeing the car. Looking at the pictures, it looks quite nice, much better than your decription.
Good luck with the sale.

Attachments

#13 ·
Yeah, it is actually pretty nice. Pictures show it's an automatic, which was not mentioned in the description.

The wheels are actually factory optional 14 x 6 directional wheels, rare and expensive when new.

Hopefully somebody will want to save this car, I can see with a little TLC it could be go from pretty nice to really nice.

#14 ·
The tool kit is complete, a little rust on the pliers. I am taking care of that. The light bulbs and the fuses are there. Great thing about Europe. You get a ticket if a cop stops you and you do not have ALL the spare bulbs and fuses in the tool kit. Perfect jack with the foam,( intact).The spare is a Pirelli 500. Beautiful. I may just keep the toolkit as a memento of this joyful car. If you think it is salvageable, MAKE AN OFFER!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.