Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post or email me photos of the configuration of the two leather straps associated with each metal latch. The horizontal hold down strap is obvious. However, the oblong vertical strap that kind of covers the metal clip does not make sense on my car. The oblong vertical strap has a hole at each end, but on my car only the hole on the top end of the strap is rivited to the top part of the metal clip. The bottom end of the oblong strap is lose and the hole appears to be useless?

Also, the oblong strap makes no sense in the it does not completely hide the rectangular metal clip? Is this just an Alfa Romeo quirk LOL?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mario

·
Administrator
17,461 Posts
Our '84 Spider only has one leather strap per latch. Horizontal with a snap at one end. It goes over the latch - I guess it acts as a secondary hold closed device. I have no idea about the oblong vertical strap. Can you post a photo of it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The straps were not installed correctly on the metal clips, according to your description. The metal clip is sandwiched between both ends of the oblong leather strap, with the holes lining up to accept a large rivet. The photo is courtesy of Centerline Alfa.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like one end of the the oblong strap has detached from the clip?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not sure you still need it but here it is.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ghnl
1 - 8 of 8 Posts