Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car runs fine, but it needs some electrical work; control board not working. Also, the transmission mount appears to be loose. The paint is a somewhat faded as well as the plastic trim. For the interior, the car needs a new headliner, and the front seats have tears. This car is (technically) a one owner, as we bought it from the lady who purchased it in Florida in 1988. The engine is THE crown jewel of this beauty. All 185 stock horses are available and eager to get moving, and the sound is phenomenal. The car has been maintained as a daily driver car ever since the original owner bought the car. Priced at $10,000.00. If you need any more info, feel free to contact me at [email protected]! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've yet to see a Verde sell for $10K, but I imagine that price commands a car in mint condition. Based on the description, your car is in average condition at best, having mechanical, cosmetic (interior and exterior) and electrical flaws. Post some pictures and prove me wrong, but by the sound of it, you have a $3K car at best.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Send me a link or post picks of this $10,000 Milano. Like stated above 10K would be the most expensive Milano I've seen for sale in 20 years. It would need to be a 10/10 for sure.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Send me a link or post picks of this $10,000 Milano. Like stated above 10K would be the most expensive Milano I've seen for sale in 20 years. It would need to be a 10/10 for sure.
There's probably $5k stashed somewhere in the car.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adjustment

Thanks for all your helpful feedback. We went back to two sites for re-evaluation of the value; NADA and Hagerty. We understand now that the car fits between the lowest bracket and the next level up... Hagerty says those values are $5900.00 and $9300.00. NADA shows it, at the "low retail", at $7754.00 with two features (A/C & sunroof). I'm now asking $7000.00 and we'll see what happens next. Although we appreciate all your comments, we'd really like to hear from only those people who would seriously be interested in buying and not just those who like to express their opinions.

·
Registered
765 Posts
this is not craigs list.this site includes opinions in order to have a fair exchange.no offense intended but i would suggest a craigslist entry.i've seen forsale verde's 'tween 2500 and up.if you want response here it would be advisable to paste pictures of the entire machine including undeneath.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, this is really funny to me... someone signs up for this site to flip a car they know nothing about - which is all fine, the more alfas for sale here the better. But then they try to police the responses to their post from people that have hundreds or thousands of post and know these cars, giving him a free and honest valuation. LOL.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think photos would clear this whole thing up in short order. I never understood why someone going to the trouble to post here to SELL something wouldn't include pictures unless there was something to hide. 7k is still "all the money" for what has been described (period)

·
Registered
974 Posts
The guy is dreaming... And if he doesn't learn that here, he'll learn that when the car does not sell. And no pics? Cmon!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Absolutely he's using dealer speak, I was one and that's how my ads sounded :). But I would never post on a site like this with a car that was not researched. Forums know more about the cars than 99% of the dealers and to think we were not going to comment is pretty naive. Like posted above a decent runner (like the one described for sale) is around $2500 to $3500 on a good day. Bad paint, interior and electronic issues put this in this $2500 category. Well, it is a Verde so $3000. Sorry to burst your bubble dude but unless you've got pictures to prove us wrong, no Alfa enthusiast will go near your price. It was just like the dealer in L.A. recently trying to ride the "Alfa returns" tide and put a 164L for sale at $12,000. I emailed asking him if that was a typo. He said yes, after further research he asked $10,000. It was a 12 HUNDRED dollar car at best.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
for all your helpful feedback...
Although we appreciate all your comments, we'd really like to hear from only those people who would seriously be interested in buying and not just those who like to express their opinions.

If you are expecting serious interest then put together a serious listing. This is a friendly place but you are dealing with people who know just a bit more than your average car fan, especially when it comes to Alfas. Your amateur description of the car combined with a complete lack of pictures will beget you the exact responses your thread is garnishing. Thank the members here for being quite civil. Had you tried posting like this on Other car forums, the members there would not be remotely as kind or as tolerant.

I will spell it out - put up pictures or link to multiple pics. Show the good areas along with problem areas. Show engine compartment, underside pictures as well as trunk. Verify if the car has been in an accident or resprayed - clean car fax is not the end of be all. Does a/c work and besides the onboard computer are there any other electrical issues? Are there service records with the car and what was done most recently...

Keep in mind that you are asking above average price for this car and as such the goods must match the asking price. FYI, NADAguides are off when it comes to AR. Just look up 105 Spider prices for Series 3 cars and then check market offerings. You will get the idea...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts