Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOL.
nice of you to say.
I can link you to plenty of crusty faded half broken $3k spiders if you want one.
My point is I'm looking for the best early spider I can afford. Yours is nice but I'll never get my money back after I dump in a few grand fixing all the little bugs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My point is I'm looking for the best early spider I can afford. Yours is nice but I'll never get my money back after I dump in a few grand fixing all the little bugs.
Understandable for sure. yeah- this price range of spider imho is about the enjoyment/cost of ownership within reason- not the investment return. I think most vintage alfa owners would agree on this.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
130,000 miles divided by 31 years equals only 4,193.5 miles a year.

·
Premium Member
3,878 Posts
A low milage spider that has rarely been driven over over the years and has probably set for half those years is going to cost you a few grand to fix all the the little bugs.

Take a look at BAT and see what the low milage S3's have been bringing lately.

·
Registered
154 Posts
At least it will be low mileage and command more if you decide to sell it. Again, why no buyers? It's been on here long enough.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
At least it will be low mileage and command more if you decide to sell it. Again, why no buyers? It's been on here long enough.

Wow. respectfully it does not sound like this car is for you- I can understand/respect that. A little optimism here I would consider more professional/courteous. Have sold many alfas and similar--niche cars- niche market- often take some time to sell. 2 prospective buyers up north actively discussing. Nth

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Off topic posts deleted.

This thread is a car for sale thread. If you are not interested in the car, there is zero reason to post here. Move along.

Jim
Administrator

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
thank you so much fellas for your kind and favorable input. I truly love this car and want to keep- simply no room. 2 people actively on the prowl to purchase. we shall see!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've been drooling over this car, love the color but I'm just not in the market right now. GLWS - also your Craigslist ad has expired.
indeed thanks again- will repost if the couple prospects currently dont pan out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I guess I should of toned it down. Sorry for that. Good luck with the sale. Yes, it is not for me for obvious reasons.
appreciate you saying that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Indeed sir. Call me to chat if u like. Took out on date night last night. Such a fun car!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
2 people at this point have jumped me through hoops with videos, pics, detailed descriptions, etc and have committed to buy then back out. Maybe third time is a charm! I will say driving again last night and comparing it to our new 916 alfa spider, this 87 more fun to drive. More raw, hands on, better feedback, joyous exhaust note. Maybe just build a new carport in back yard!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The last bump!
Dallas resident coming to see car this weekend if car does not sell on ebay by midnight tonight- have a look see!
Gorgeous driver condition 87 veloce in the best color combo! (well...you know I'm biased...lol)...Fall is here and the top down/Ansa exhaust is tough to beat!!
ebay link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Alfa-Romeo-Spider-Veloce/302910247613?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20180518101550&meid=f59e44b144554d3facff6e1824354cdf&pid=100970&rk=3&rkt=15&mehot=pp&sd=112635272178&itm=302910247613&_trksid=p2481888.c100970.m5481&_trkparms=pageci:fab78f19-ce27-11e8-b5a4-74dbd180c81a|parentrq:68995fdb1660aaa32ac1a08effff9228|iid:1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very nice Veloce. Great price. Paid a lot more for my ‘87 Quad and I didn’t get the Ansa exhaust! (But I do have a hard top and AC). I’ll take a well driven/maintained high mileage Alfa over a low mileage museum piece with crusty fuel lines etc any day. $3k?? Lots of people pay that for their lawn tractors.

Good luck with the sale.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts