Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: LAST CHANCE to buy this car in Southern California. We will sell for $5900 if you buy it by THIS TUESDAY, October 26. See last post, or e-mail me for a test drive!

Hello!

My family has a silver and black 1987 Spider Quadrifoglio with gray seats and 175,000 miles, in good condition. My father was the original owner; he died suddenly late this summer, and my mother needs to cut back on car insurance and expenses.

It's in good condition and runs well. It's been just recently smogged and registered. Power windows (the right window moves a little slowly). Air conditioning that still works wonderfully. "New" stereo (from the '90s, I think) that works with the retractable antenna in back. It's been in a garage when not being used for commuting, so there isn't any rust.

We were asking $6,500, including the original hard top. However, we're going to take the car up to Sacramento this coming Tuesday, October 26. If we can sell it in Southern California before we leave, we will drop the price to $5,900.

If you're on this forum, I'm sure you know how fun these cars are to drive. This car needs no further work -- I've driven it a few times now, and it feels fantastic!

Feel free to write us at [email protected] or call (413)259-4348 for more information or to arrange a test drive! I'd prefer an e-mail to a PM, as I just don't check PMs that regularly...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The keys were left in the ignition for dramatic effect (and because we had just driven it out of the garage). But at this price, it's practically a steal already! ;)

Thanks for the endorsements, friends!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

We got a lot of interest about this car, much of it from AlfaBB, but unfortunately nothing clicked (a lot of it due to my getting back to people slowly during the holidays, which I apologize for). I just want you to know that this car is still available. We just took some pictures with the hard top on, which I will post soon. Again, the whole package (with hard top) is $6,500.

Though we're based up here near Sacramento, we're driving down to LA/Orange County to see some friends for New Year's. If any of SoCal-based Alfans have an interest in seeing this car between December 31 and January 8, please e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll caravan it down there.

Hope you're having a happy holiday season--

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back, and coming to Southern California this weekend!

Hi everyone,

Shortly after my last post, I spent 6 months in Denmark, and the Alfa spent 6 months sheltered from the elements. Now I'm back, and I'm planning to drive it down to the L.A. area this weekend. If you're in southern California, this is your chance to see it, drive it, and/or buy it!

Nothing's changed--same pictures, same condition, same price with the hard top. By the time I get to L.A., it'll have 175.5K miles.

E-mail me at [email protected], or let me know on this thread if you're interested, and I'll drive it out to you or we can meet somewhere.

Hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
This one owner Quad is more than reasonably priced... I would not hesitate to put it in ebay with an opening bid of your asking price and with no reserve. (No reserve really makes a difference, as buyers know that the car is sold with the first bid, and they will not be able to contact you with low-ball offers later...)

Best regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello! We're back in Southern California today (August 30) through Thursday. If you'd like to try it out, please let us know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone, so as I've indicated in the big post at the top, this is our final weekend with the car in the LA/OC area. If we can't find a buyer by the time we leave on Tuesday morning, we're going to drive it back up to Sacramento. However, if we can find a buyer this weekend, we'll sell it for $5,900.

You can see what the other posters have said--it's absolutely worth $6,500. So this is a great deal! Please e-mail me at [email protected] for any questions or to request a test drive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is the second highest-mileage Spider Quad I've seen for sale (and trust me, I mean that as a compliment). It looks very clean, and the 180,000-mile Quad that I once drove ran just as well as my 95k-mile car. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts