Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 Milano gold, silver with grey interior. Cosmetically and mechanically very good, and everything works. 200,000 miles; I have every receipt from new (including window tag), including rebuilt engine, trans, clutch, brakes, AC, alternator, reupholstered interior, you name it. Had one longtime owner who did whatever was required to keep it perfect. $50,000+ spent on it over the years.

Body straight, interior almost perfect. Two very small rust spots, basically bubbling in the paint and not serious yet. Underside totally solid. Had a miled front-ender long ago, fixed well, that resulted in new radiator surround panel and radiator and repaint of the front. Looks fine. No sunroof to leak or break.

I bought it last summer to teach myself how to work on V6 cars and puttered around with it for a time. Now I need to make room. Has good compression (160+) and oil pressure (70+), no cooling issues (175). I did timing belt, tensioner, water pump, valve adjustment, new clutch, new clutch and brake MCs and new cat. Runs great, passed smog three weeks ago. Rear calipers don't work as great as they might, a little attention needed there. I've bled it repeatedly and am sick of trying to sort.

Everything works: lights, windows, mirrors, AC, radio, gauges. Includes original spare, tool kit, owner's manual. Current clean CA title, fresh smog. $1750/BO for the car, $250 extra gets you a set of pair Spax shocks, huge Group 2 front sway bar, extra WP, extra starter, extra steering wheel, three track wheels and tires, extra spare. I have lots more pics I can email.

Andrew, Berkeley, CA. (510) 526-0391

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more pics.
Two of the interior.
Engine in the middle of all the work, mentioned above.
Trans when replacing the clutch. Driveshafts and donuts were done in the last couple years are smooth and quiet. The V6 is quite intoxicating, after 34 years of four-cylinder cars.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,505 Posts
Hi Andrew,
Are your Spax shocks front or rear? I may want to buy them if they are fronts.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Can you save it for me for about a year while I save up the $$ ?

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it takes that long to sell, yes. Everyone else is waiting for their tax refund too.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the BB is lousy with Milanos at the moment, but mine needs to go. I have two immobile 115 cars in my driveway screaming for attention louder than this car.
Happy to take $1500 for the car alone, or $1700 with the extras. And happy to talk turkey if you think that's too high.

This is an utterly dialed-in car (including CA smog) other than the rear calipers. Spend $236 for two rebuild ones from CL, a couple happy hours under the car swapping them and bleeding the brakes, and you'll have the best Milano in your neighborhood.
Andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Andrew
I am interested. Can I drive it to Florida?? Call me anytime I would love to work out a deal with you.
786-238-1353
Thanks
Terry

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The brakes work OK, but they're not 100%. I personally would not drive it to Florida at a time of year with potentially bad weather, but that's up to you. I have a few hundred miles on the car and it's been fine, but whether it's up for 3000+ is a different matter. I don't know of any issues (all mechanical stuff is working fine) but it is 24 years old with 200,000 miles on it.
I'll call you later today. Thanks
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gosh, and people used to give free Berlinas such a hard time; Milanos are sale-proof. Showed it to a guy last night, and it sure does haul *** and drive nice.
$1250/whatever. I'd like to see this out of my life by this weekend.
Andrew (510) 526-0391

·
Registered
451 Posts
Id really like another Milano, but alas there is no cash to throw at it.

·
Premium Member
14,505 Posts
This car is faster and handles much better than a stock Spider. It will get better gas mileage than a Spider with Webers and it will run on regular gas. And your knees will not get wet if you drive it in a storm. Milanos are the ultimate bargains and this one is an exceptional bargain. If you are an Alfista and you live within 8 hours of Andrew then you should be writing out a check.

·
Premium Member
22,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Ed. This car is utterly dialed in other than needing some rear caliper attention. If you drove it easy you could just drive it as is, but that's not really the smart/safe/legal way to go. Plus you want to be able to use the performance, which it definitely has, without worrying about all those dogs, babies, cats, squirrels, and Volts darting out in front of you.
Andrew

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'd love to come get it...timing's a little off for me :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you sell it? I am in the local Bay Area and would like to see it if it is still for sale .... please PM me !

Cheers

AlfaScotia

1 - 20 of 26 Posts