Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The time has come to sell my 1987 Milano,

Has the 2.5L V6, manual 5 speed and 159k miles

Very clean and well maintained, overall a solid car. All works, The interior is very nice; no dash cracks, all the accessories are there. It is lowered on Red Konis, about a year ago the rear engine and rear transmission mounts were replaces, along with the front right wheel bearing, Castor arm bushings are polyurethane. In my ownership it has had regular maintaince (oil, fluids, brake pads, ect.).

Good;
-Paint is good aside from a few small chips (all smaller than a dime).
-Parts are original, except for the new radiator.
-ARC computer works fine, no random flashing.
-Original leather seats.
-All the gauges work.
-Has all the booklets that came with it when new (folder, owners manual, warrenty info, ect.)
-I have black w/ red text Alfa Romeo floor mats for it that go with it (currently using black generic ones)

Faults;
-Headliner does sag / fallen off at rear corners
-The inner sunroof panel is not there (so when you look up at it you see metal), but it does not leak.
-Starter motor is "temperamental" (it functions, but it takes a few turns of the key to do so)
-Steering rack seems to have an intermittent leak, it is not much and I just top off the steering fluid when it gets low.

Overall it is a solid car, I have been using it for a daily city car for the past 9 months with no problems. Currently asking $3800.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured a more detailed explaination of the starter would be good; Basically sometimes when you start the car the starter doesn't seem to engage the engine and sounds like it is spinning freely. When it does this, I turn the key back to stand-by and try again, and it starts after a try or two. The starter has been rebuilt and an ignition relay has been installed yet the problem persists.

I installed the radio seen in the photos, because when I purchased the vehicle it had no radio, but the speakers are original.

more photos;

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts