·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know this is my first post but im very well known on other car forums as in
m3post.com, m3forum.net, and vwvortex.com
you can look up my name there

(im posting this for my father)
i am putting my 1987 Alfa Romeo Milano Gold up for sale. To my knowledge, it is the lowest mileage Milano in the U.S., with under 2400 miles on the clock!

I purchased this car from the estate of a friend that had passed away, but I realize that I don’t have time to give it the attention that it deserves. (I thought that my love of Alfas, going back to my departed Duetto, would be sufficient, but, alas, the car needs time that I just don’t have, being involved with other automobile projects.)

Short story: My friend bought this Milano, one of the first to be sold in the U.S., back when the 75 was first released here. (I have the original bill of sale.) He drove it to a few friend’s houses (most often to mine, where he would spend most of an evening comparing the Milano to my Duetto; over and over again. Finally, he grew tired of that sport and parked the car in his apartment building’s garage, under a cover, where it sat until 2006 (or so) when he decided to vacate the apartment and move to upstate NY.

Upon removing the cover, he found that the car had been vandalized, but just about everything has been replaced except for the spare tire, rear speakers, and radio. The body also took some parking pock-marks, from evil neighbors opening doors into it, but nothing serious.

The car was transported to Cairo, NY and serviced for tune-up and fluids at a local service station. He then asked me if he could store it in the garage of a house that I own there. When he passed away in March of 2010, I purchased the car from the estate, and transported the car to Mahopac, NY.

I have given the car a few shake down runs, and, in general, it is in good shape. The engine is lively, the manual transmission shifts crisply (I just had new master/slave clutch cylinders installed,) and the suspension and handling is pure Alfa. I had the fluids changed again when I had the car inspected, but, I did not register the car in my name, since the registration was good through September of 2011, so this is still, technically, a one owner car. I have title (unassigned) and “letters testamentary” from the estate that fulfills state requirements for purchase.

The biggest issue with the car right now is that the two rear windows do not function, and, as I said, I have not had time to work on them.

I was considering giving the car to my son, but, I think that an Alfista would find this care to be a collector’s item due to its incredibly low mileage. (Hell, it is still in its break-in period.) I expect the car to have no more than 2500 miles on it when it is sold, owning to test drives. The faster it is sold, the lower the clock!

You can email questions about the car to me, or arrange to view & test the car at [email protected]
or call or text at 914-384-7924
if your out of the area i can have the car shipped at your expense

This is a one-of-a-kind barn find that will make some collector very happy in exchange for a little love (and cash.) not entirely sure what this car is worth today so lets start with $17,000.00 or best offer. price is very negotiable so please make some offers

ill try and post some pictures today as there on my iphone, but if you want them faster i can text or email them

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll never understand the mentality behind people who buy a car and let it essentially sit for 20+ years. Especially an Alfa.
It was bought to be driven but between the amount of cars the original owner had and how much he worked it wasn't driven, I don't think his original intentiOns were to let it sit, while in no way is it a "rare" car, there aren't alot of these around and especially like this, make an offer

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pictures

Posting pictures helps sell cars here. A Milano Platinum with 30,000 miles sold on ebay last fall for about $7,000.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to get pictures up, I've been getting the house ready for this wonderful hurricane, I'll have pics of the speedo and the car, in an honest opinion what is this car worth?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Supposedly for sale for almost a month and still no pictures?

Sorry - but a car with a tenfold price premium over a regular running Milano Gold with body issues leaves much to be made known here...especially one that has sat for more than 20 years.

This car is going to need some extensive documentation to get attention above and beyond Milanos with body damage and other needs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't been ableto get pictures up or time, if someone wants to give me there email I can send them pictures or the car and mayb they can post them?
The price is set that High because I have no clue what it's worth, so if someone's interested I can give you my phone number to contact me and check it out in person

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would think that desire to sell the car should be commensurate with desire to post pics. Especially when suggesting a sell price north of 15 grand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Something is getting a little smelly around here!!!
I sent you pictures in your email? How is that smelly, I'm going to try and post them up now since there's such high doubts about it, and nothing scetchy going On, I work 12 hour days and have been very occupied

·
Registered
446 Posts
Shame it's not a Verde. You'd have my cash right now if it were! Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You might want to put it on Ebay and let the free market figure the price out. You can always put a price reserve on the car.

--Dave

1 - 20 of 38 Posts