Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys...here is the story. I got this car from a guy that I know, not exactly a close friend, just someone who i ran into at my repair shop. He was moving back to Japan and needed to sell the car fast, he had it up on craigslist for a while, but his English is so bad, that everytime someone called they would end up hanging up on him. a few days before he was set to leave he called me up and asked me to take the car off of his hands. it is silver with grey suede and leather interrior. paint and all exterior trim are in great shape, int. is nice, but has some wear on the front seats and center console. it has 86k on the clock. The car runs great, I have driven the hell out of it the past couple of days. it has an oil leak, the A/c doesnt work, and the stereo doesnt work. he also told me that if the car sits for more than a day or so it would need to be jumped, but i have not experienced that yet. paper work is all there, but still under previous owners name, it passed smog last year, i'm sure it will pass again. I dont have alot of pics, make me an offer. car is in Los Angeles. thank you and kind regards.
(323) 243-1779

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there were 2 cars on craigslist, I'm not sure wich one you saw. I have had it for 3 days and i got it for alot less than $500.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car is perfect for you leonard. you can buy it from me and still make a profilt when you fllip it. its probably in better shape than some of the cars you have tried to sell me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard about the 164 that you bought from the doctor here in newport beach, you were trying to sell it to me for $2500, and the car had a bad tranny. you told me it was perfect and the only thing wrong was asticky window switch. anf unlike you, I dont flip cars for a living. you are just mad because you wanted this car and i got to it first. if you had bought it you would be asking alot more than $1500. I have heard about your junk from several alfa people right here on the BB

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Everyone, take a deep breath.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could write a check for all your cars and your house too...go argue with someone in your own league. You wanted that Milano, and your mad because i got to it first. I have nothing to lose from you bad mouthing me, because i couldnt careless if I sell this car or not, but you have alot to lose, because you do this for a living. f**k off. the car from the doctor that you were trying to sell me was a $500 car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew of the car before his ad on craigslist you dumb ***...your just mad beacuse you wanted it. compared to some of the junk that you buy, this car is a jewel. and its better than the one you are trying to sell for $2k.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Hey I remember getting one of those emails to buy my car, sheesh, glad I kept her. By the way 186,000 miles on a fairly well maintained alfa V6 is not that scary. Lenard always helps the community, by either posting to help people solve problems, or by selling them parts at way below there value. This is just what I have observed when dealing with him, and he is my best alfa bud, and I have seen the cars he sells. And no they are not flipped, they usually get some good attention before being sold to a new owner, and if not, the new owner is told of the problems with the car. Just my .02 cents

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Aaahhhh! There it is! This car was available as of Saturday morning on Craig's List for around 7-800 bucks (while I was hanging out with Jes and Colin) and it sold away in the end for 400 bucks! Same car! Gold/Silver '86K mile - LA-area - same car! Now you want 1,500 bucks for it!?

Gee Rob! Hello kettle? - this is pot...

Lenny-Lenny - now it is my turn to kick YOU in the junk! You don't go posting in a man's for sale thread if you have a beef with him... (I know-I know - you just did it because Rob went in your thread first and pissed on your battery, so you just "had" to do it too...)

Rob, big no-no! Lenard - bad boy - no donut!

For the record, I have purchased a car from 164 Family and it was a fair deal and EXACTLY as described. I did a 24 valve timing belt for him and that was also a smooth deal and finally he bought a car from me and paid as promised what I was asking. In fact, he never even asked for a discount because he knew that he was getting a good deal.

I don't know Rob, but I am sure that he is a good guy also, now let's give him his thread back!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at least I was willing to tell everyone how much I paid for this car, because I have nothing to hide. why dont you guys ask leonard how much he has paid for some of his cars. if he us such an honest guy he should tell you exactly how much he is making. I stated in my original post, that this car was a flip. I was turned on to it by my mechanic, long before his craigslist ad. leanord is just mad because he didnt get to it first. andd just for the recrod I only paid $300 for it. hahahahah

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only reason the guy let it go for that price is because he is moving back to wherever he came from....at least thats what he told me. it was hard communicating with the guy. and you know what, after getting the car checked out I have decided to keep it. for $300 I cant go wrong. thanks for all your input, I gotta tell you I'm also involved in the world of MGs and thriumphs, and those people have alot more class than what I have seen here on the BB thank you and goodbye.

·
Registered
2 Posts
nice post deletes, 164 family, you succeed at this thread with your righteous burns, but it's a shame no one will ever get to see your utterly razor-sharp wit

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
:confused: Was that a compliment or a rash on ol' Lenny-boy...? Not sure now... :confused:

Any way - welcome - I guess - sounds like you already know the players - always strange when a new member posts like this right away - 1st post (as if he has been here before...) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
883 Posts
I dunno either, JJ.....sounds sarcastic when I read it, maybe? :confused:

I actually wish the posts weren't deleted. I missed out on watching this one develop, but I do find it interesting (?) that ROB manages to drop all sorts of censored curses and then declares the BB is lacking class. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
A graduate of the Jerry Springer Charm School, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts