Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1986 Spider Veloce for Sale Atlanta GA area-SOLD

A very nice, reliable driver that has had a lot of work put into it to make it that way. Most all of the wear items have been recently replaced including both fuel pumps, motor mounts, transmission mount, drive shaft rubber donut and center bearing as well some fuel injection parts. The engine starts immediately every time and I believe the engine was recently rebuilt because it leaks no oil, burns no oil and runs smooth and strong. The transmission does not grind when shifting into any gear and is the only piece of the drive train that has a slight oil leak. The paint is still very nice and shiny and I get comments all the time on how nice it looks. The interior is nice with the Momo wood steering wheel and wood shift knob (the originals come with the car) and has recently had the seats reupholstered in full leather to the original Veloce seat patterns and color. No cracks in the dash, and the top is the original, but still looks good and does not leak. The rear window was replaced and has some scuffs on it but is otherwise clear. The body is as rust free as I have seen on an Alfa Spider with its original metal and this car has never been in a collision. The only part that was rusted was the spare tire well bottom due to a bad trunk seal letting in water and the owner before me replaced it with fiberglass. The repair is a professional job that looks very good and will never rust so I did not bother to replace it with steel. The other typical places these cars rust are still solid. This Spider also has a sump guard and chassis stiffener fitted. It has just over 70K miles and can only be described as an honest survivor. I have many spare parts including all needed exhaust parts to retrofit to a pre 74 exhaust or a post 90 exhaust setup including a set of pre 74 exhaust manifolds and post 90 set of manifolds. Nothing wakes up the Alfa 2L like replacing the 80's exhaust manifold with either a pre 74 or post 90 two piece system. Other spare parts include a complete set of Alfa alloy wheels and tires in excellent condition (same alloy as the ones in the pictures). I'm asking $9500 but will entertain offers just don't get crazy.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I don't see any pictures or a link. Could you post?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Adding pictures of my 86 Spider

Hi AlfaTango, Sorry about that. I thought I added pictures as the preview showed them, but I guess I must have done something wrong Let's try again. Also, I have more pics I can email you if you like.
Cheers,
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Car looks nice, wish I still lived in Georgia I might have made you an offer you can't refuse :) Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi GTRace84,

Sorry but my 73 GTV is not for sale. I'm the second owner. It's been completely restored top to bottom (engine, tranny, total suspension rebuild).

The Spider sold last week to a local Atlanta Gentleman who is reconnecting with Alfa after many years separated. He's getting a super nice Spider.
Cheers,
peppydee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.