Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone close to NW Washington have a good transmission that will fit an '86 Spider for sale? I'm up by Anacortes and can come pick it up.

Found some on alfabb for sale out east - probably a bit cost prohibitive to ship.

Also in need of a windshield w/antenna......

Thanks - -

Paul

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If you still need, I have several. 1 S2, 3 S3, plus 1 S3 with broken case out of a wrecked 86 Quad (very wrecked). It has been several years but the last one I had shipped in by UPS was $65.00 shipping including bellhousing.

Contact Robert in Memphis TN if interested [email protected]

·
Registered
229 Posts
Paul,
Regarding your query about the windshield, I searched for one last spring for my 84 Spider with no luck.
I found an old post on the bulletin board and contacted Richard. Worked out they had them in stock and I ended up buying one from prosource. I had to have it shipped directly to the shop that was going to install it as they won't do home delivery, but worked out nicely and I'm pleased with it. Chances are any used one you find will have traces for the antenna broken, so if you are going to replace it, I'd recommend new.
Good luck...

Richard Tankel
ProSource Glass International
Tel:877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
email:[email protected]

Les in NM

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul,
Regarding your query about the windshield, I searched for one last spring for my 84 Spider with no luck.
I found an old post on the bulletin board and contacted Richard. Worked out they had them in stock and I ended up buying one from prosource. I had to have it shipped directly to the shop that was going to install it as they won't do home delivery, but worked out nicely and I'm pleased with it. Chances are any used one you find will have traces for the antenna broken, so if you are going to replace it, I'd recommend new.
Good luck...

Richard Tankel
ProSource Glass International
Tel:877-345-2800 US & Canada
978-975-5400
email:[email protected]

Les in NM
Thanks Les - -I'll check it out.

Paul

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The tinted windshield in my 88 Quad came from Prosource glass. It has been several years, but the price at that time was $100.00 for the glass and $125.00 truck shipping from MA to TN. At that time they had a surplus of Spider windshields in stock and made me a good price. The glass arrived in Memphis unbroken during shipment. These windshield glasses come from China, but so far I have not seen anything negative as opposed to a domestically made glass (if there are any windshield glasses even still made in the US)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts