Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 3.0-RED Car is Located in Northern California, Walnut Creek $5,900

I am reluctantly selling my well cared for Alfa Romeo GTV6. I am the third owner of this GTV6. The first owner was a pilot for TWA who flew out of SFO and owned this car until 2000. In 2000 the Pilot sold it to the owner of an Italian restaurant. I then bought it from the restaurant owner in 2005.

I looked for two years before I found this GTV6. But I don't drive it enough anymore to justify owning it. This car is a great runner and one of the nicest I have ever seen. It has been a local Bay Area car since new. Always garaged, never hit that I can detect. Car was painted 6 years ago in the original red color and looks fantastic. 1986 is the last year the GTV6 was built and includes all the modifications and upgrades that Alfa Romeo made through the life of the GTV6's like the isostatic shift linkage and removable driveshaft crossmember. Most consider the 1986 to be the final and best year of the GTV6's. This GTV6 has a Milano Verde 3.0 engine installed from a 55K mile verde. Maybe I have put 5,000 miles on it since then. The 3.0 totally changes the nature of the GTV6's with its extra torque. The engine and transaxle came from APE in Tracy. You will note this car has a Milano 2.5 transaxle with the Verde 3.0 engine. This is a killer fast power/gearing combination. This GTV6 is really fast. I had a 2002 Boxster S tiptronic and this Alfa feels just as fast.

The only trade I will consider is toward a 2000 or newer Boxster , preferably an S.

More pictures can be found here: 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 3.0

Car is red with the black pinstriped velour interior. The Velour is a little faded on the rear seat headrests, but not bad. Otherwise looks great. Original Alfa Romeo AM/FM cassette stereo. This is a non sunroof car, so no leaky sunroof to deal with. I have also cleaned all the contacts on the rear tailight circuit boards, all the exterior lights work, even the interior lights with timer. I also have the original owners manual and workshop manual.

My GTV6 includes the following recent work.

New bottom end engine gaskets, to allow use of synthetic oil
Red Line synthetic oil in engine and transaxle
All New brake calipers, rotors and pads front and rear
New brake master cylinder and proportioning valve
New water pump
New timing belt
Belt tensioner oil supply plugged, no leaks
New Bosch rebuilt alternator
New Battery
55k mile 3.0 Verde engine (probably has ~60k miles now)
Milano 2.5 transaxle with fresh synchros
All new coolant hoses
All new driveline donuts and bearing
Isostatic gear shift kit
New factory exhaust
Euro 250 kph speedometer
New silicone hoses
Tune up with cap, rotor and plugs
Rebuilt and rodded radiator with new temp sensor

It's not perfect, but it's in amazing condition for a 24 year old car.

It needs:

Windshield wiper reservoir cracked and washer tubes leak water.
The speedeometer does not work. Can be rebuilt by Palo Alto speedeometer. Speedo showed 15,273 when it let out a puff of smoke and quit. I have put maybe 5,000 miles on it since then. I would say this car has about 120,000 miles on it, with the engine and trans closer to 60,000.
A/C did work, but needs a recharge. Already converted to R134

Email at [email protected]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car is sold to a local bay area collector who looks like he will be a good custodian of my car.

Although no one posted any comments on this for sale thread, I received emails and phone calls from well over 20 people from all over the country. Interest in the GTV6's seems pretty strong. I even had someone email me advising me NOT to sell the car, because I would regret it later! I probably will. Thanks for all the interest.

Doug

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi folks -- Thought I'd take the chance to go on record as the new owner. The car's new home isn't far from Doug's place; it's now over in Oakland. Time to go draft up some (non-Alfa) for-sale ads for the sake of good garage hygiene... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts