Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stuart Light's 86 GTV6 (8,600 miles) on BAT. This was Stuart's show car. He passed away in 2018.

9k-Mile 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6

I am not the seller, but I did know Stu. The car was serviced every year, but barely used. He had others.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
That is a real time capsule.
Agreed Brian.
I'd be really interested to see what the sell price on this one will end up being. If you compare it to the last one to sell on Bat (sold for $36K), this one "should" bring in more money with 40,000 less miles, ten months newer, and a very rare blue colour. Will it bring in over $40K ?!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Should hit $46k, maybe even $50k if two people have to have it. I personally know the owner and the car and it is a Unicorn.

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
The underside, particularly under the front, shows how little paint Alfa Romeo used on some areas these cars. Hopefully the next owner will do a bit of a tidy up before rust gets out of control.

I also have to laugh at a few of the random wires in the engine bay shot. There is one running over the top of the radiator that looks like somebody bodged in an alarm system or something, but yep Alfa Romeo did that. They could have at least made the wire black!

Nice car though
Pete

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I don't know if it will go that high. Before this year, the high point for these cars was around $26,000. The car that sold for $36,000 early in the year was prepped for sale, professionally presented and ready to go. In contrast, the blue car will need a bunch of deferred maintenance done and has a less than professional presentation. The color, although rare, might hold some people back as people prefer red GTV6's over other colors. We will find out in a few days.

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
I don't know if it will go that high. Before this year, the high point for these cars was around $26,000. The car that sold for $36,000 early in the year was prepped for sale, professionally presented and ready to go. In contrast, the blue car will need a bunch of deferred maintenance done and has a less than professional presentation. The color, although rare, might hold some people back as people prefer red GTV6's over other colors. We will find out in a few days.
Yes I think a thorough steam cleaning of the underneath and suspension would have helped its presentation

Pete

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I think you're probably right on this one. This car has many needs. Anyone hoping to use this car the way the other "high water" mark cars could have been used will likely be disappointed.

This particular car was stored outside for some time under a car cover and the undercarriage shows it. The current owner had the paint polished to correct the scratches that were put into the paint during that outdoor storage period - I would be willing to bet that blue paint is very, very thin in some places now. The underside "cleaning" has probably done more harm than help...it looks worse underneath than any of mine, at a fraction the use.

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
Car covers ... :shakes head:, worst thing for a cars paint!

Pete

Reactions: Aggie57

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't see the many needs of this car as I have seen it in person. Other than some minor surface rust it's in great shape. Assuming the paint is worn thin is just that, an assumption.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I bet it will break $30K. This old country boy would snap it up in a heartbeat, if he could right now. What little surface rust there is on sheet metal edges underneath, can be taken care of with a good rust killer. Stop it in its tracks. But you guys are right about storage with a cover in place. They don't breathe as well as we sometimes think. I love that dark blue, myself. Looks so elegant with the upholstery.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
447 Posts
It is the worst time to sell a classic specially one as unique as that.
Not comparing, but comparing. The tipo 33 are a few that are worth about $10M. There was a mythical one that it is blue and was supposed to be presented this year. Priceless

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
An absolute steal. A steal. Somebody made the point that the seller didn't release the reserve, nor notify them he'd do so. That may have hurt the bidding.
The seller did not do himself any favors. Hopefully, the buyer keeps it stock and does not perform any permanent modifications.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts