Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Aggie 57! Being under an Alfa is like visiting one of my childhood homes for me. What could cause a bad memory under a GTV6? take a look under a modern car sometime for a comparison, when you look back at the Alfa it will be refreshing.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Nice looking car, David! I'm digging the GTV6 3.0 badge...wonder if that's one of the ones I had made with a buddy of mine years ago. I never even installed the one I kept for me - oops.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Rob! I think we tried to find one you made but came up empty. I think I got that one from Mt. Carmel spares.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Some really good video's there, for past GTV6 owners and tinkerers like me it brings back some good - and some not so good - memories. Nice looking car.
I had two of them and loved them until the rust monsters won. I drove them hard and they never complained. My best GTV 6 memory: Commuting from work on back roads and along Delaware River near Allentown PA. I would make the 25 miles in under 30 minutes. One evening I was even more enthusiastic than usual and I got the car... if not actually airborne then completely unloaded the suspension. I came down so hard that I looked in the rear view mirror to make sure I did not bust the oil pan. By the time I got home I was hearing funny noises and feared the worst. It turned out that I had busted all 6 (?) of the rubber doughnuts that hang the exhaust system so it was resting on a CV joint. By the time I got home it had rubbed a hole through the pipe. A braze job and new doughnuts and I was back on the road. I also have some VHS footage of a track day at Pocono. Man, I miss those cars!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts