Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for me to sell my Alfa Romeo Spider, after enjoying it for 8 years with the help of this bulletin board. It has 140,000 miles now and runs better than it did when I purchased it with 110,000 in 2006.

I have completed the following work since I have owned it.

2007, the head was rebuilt, the head gasket was replaced with new engine mounts.

2009, the seats were professionally redone in black leather with red stitching to exactly match the original seats. In addition, the radiator was re-cored.

2010, a new convertible top was installed. New performance springs and shocks were installed, lowering the Alfa by about 1/2 inch from stock height. K&N air filter.

2012, a new water pump was installed and the front main seal was replaced, along with new hoses and belts. New tires and alignment.

2013, the in-tank fuel pump and main fuel pump along with all gas lines were replaced. A new muffler was installed. The drive-line was rebuilt and balanced.

2014, a new catalytic converter was installed. The Alfa passed CA smog with ease.

I am in San Leandro, CA and am asking $6,800. Thanks for looking.

Victor

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
HEY! I remember that car - glad to see you got so many years of fun out of it- bummer you have to sell it- wish i could buy it- . Good luck with the sale- thats a great car! Sounds like you really took care of her.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Motorist, good to hear from you.

Its fun that you saw the post, so quickly. It has been a great car since I bought it from you through the BB. A lot of fun driving it and tinkering with it. But now I need a 4 seat sports car.

Good times

·
Registered
81 Posts
Having just done some of the same work to my 84' Spider, also here in the expensive Bay Area, this seems to be a very fair price for the car. FYI, labor rates here are $120/hour for a real Alfa mechanic and they are not hurting for work. The work done here treats a number of common and $$$ parts to keep the Series 3 running well

Good luck with the sale, mine may soon be on the market as well as I have other Alfa's on the horizon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price Drop

Well I have not had any real interest, but it is time for me to sell. I am dropping the price to $5,500. This really is a nice car and now at a really good price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My email to Chris did not go through, so I am posting this follow-up info.

The sychros do have the typical issues, specifically the 1st and 2nd gears. With that said, the Alfa mechanics I have spoken to told me that the gears themselves are strong. I currently work around the issue by keeping the rpms at the right level. Currently the clutch is fine, but when it is time to replace the clutch I would put in a rebuilt transmission. When I had the driveline rebuilt, I installed a transmission mount support also.

I have not worked on the bushings, those have not been on my radar

The car has always been in California, it does not have any rust. The air conditioner works and everything works properly, but it is not the best.

The horn does not work, it hasn't since I have owned it and it never was an issue for me. While the trunk hinges work fine, the mechanism that used to keep the trunk open, does not work.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts