Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I should post this here, exposure to Alfisti.
For all you Canadians here's a pretty sweet Spider.

Here's the background info that I have. Car started off life in California, moved to Canada 3 and a half years a go. Switched owners once or twice in the US, wasnt registered in Canada until 4 months ago when I picked it up. It is now legally registered in Alberta, but can be easily switched to other provinces...or back to the US.

Here's the good:
-Transmission is perfect in alfa terms, I dont ever get a grind on up or downshift, but i also do heel and toeing. Feels very smooth.
-Original paint. Does need a bit of a polish but I buffed it in april and it was very shiny, needed more wax to last I assume, might be able to do that again before it sells.
-Only parking lot dings for body damage, the front valence was hit once but is only bent slightly inwards.
-new exhaust from the center back
-new 65 amp milano alternator that was freshly rebuilt, also did the power wire conversion to a higher gauge wire from the alternator to the power junction
-Doesnt burn much oil, 900 mile trip ate about 1/2 liter
-Absolutely no rust on the body/chassis of the car. I have torn out the interior and found no rust even starting on the car. Spare wheel compartment has no rust at all
- New magnetic flywheel sensors. Both somehow failed on me..how often does that happen?
-New passenger window motor, I have an extra drivers window motor as well
-New tires, only 3000 miles on them.
-117xxx miles
-Has black cover for the top when it is down in perfect condition

What needs attention:
- Rear window is a bit foggy
- #4 on the exhaust header is cracked
- trunk needs adjustment, sits slightly crooked.
- Tachometer needs to be replaced, I've narrowed it down to this being the problem
- Cracked dash, I have a cover for it but I like the leather better.
- A/c belt is disconnected. Didnt even bother trying to figure that one out...its a convertible!

If you have any more questions just post or PM me. I've only got a few pics right now but will take more as per request.

Im asking around $6000 CAD, but will sell for less to BBers. This is around how far into the car I am in so i will not be making a profit, merely recovering what I've put in. Im located in Northern Alberta at the moment, but will be heading to Victoria with the car at the end of august if she does not sell.

I like this car a lot but cant justify having multiple cars while being a poor university student...so help me out! Your gain!

And yeah..I sat on my bumper. I regretted it for days and days as well. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add:
-Windshield has a circle crack in it from a gravel truck.
-brand new cd/mp3 player in it too, i ran a cord underneath the dash so i could hook my ipod to it, works great.
- Box speakers in the rear I added too.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump for a nice Spider!

I'll be on the coast come monday, spider will be with me.

Make me a reasonable offer, I'd rather someone from the BB gets it!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car is in Victoria now

I went around 2000 kms in a week. Two 5 hour drives and one 12 hour drive. Car didnt miss a beat.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump!

Lots of pictures readily available for email.

Paint got all cleaned up and it looks amazing! This car has to go! Make me an offer!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumping this ad up...... The car is sitting patiently in Victoria!

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
very nice car - good luck with sale.

i say keep it!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice car - good luck with sale.

i say keep it!
Thanks!

I'd love to keep it, its a great car, but I've got four cars right now and im a student...
Were I in my mid twenties where my insurance rates dropped extremely and I could insure most of my cars as classic cars..i'd most likely try to keep all of them.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump!
Someone make me an offer on this one!
I'll probably try out ebay here pretty quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts