Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea where this wire should go? It has never been connected in the 3 years i have owned the car and I forgot about it. It comes out of the harness near the number 4 injector. White with red and I have never found it on a wiring diagram
Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,766 Posts
There is a red/white wire shown in the wire diagram for the 1986 Spider. It's in the hazard switch (four way flashers) circuit. I do not find it in the wire diagram for the 1984 Spider. And I don't have a diagram specific to the 1985 model. Does the car have bullet fuses or blade fuses?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a red/white wire shown in the wire diagram for the 1986 Spider. It's in the hazard switch (four way flashers) circuit. I do not find it in the wire diagram for the 1984 Spider. And I don't have a diagram specific to the 1985 model. Does the car have bullet fuses or blade fuses?
Bullet fuses and I do have the Papajam diagram for a 1985.

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
there is a white/red shown in the 88 diagram for the fuel, at connector G107 on passenger side bulkhead (when the factory finally discarded the Inertia Switch)
This would have been pink/white on earlier cars, like your 85, but you never know what alfa got up to sticking these cars together.

but if it was that just cut, then your car probably wouldn't be running at all :ROFLMAO:

I'd test it for current with everything turned off, then with just KO and then during Cranking/running.

·
Administrator
17,766 Posts
Going on memory (no longer reliable...) I thought I recalled that the inertia switch (now bypassed) in our '84 Spider had two wires - a red/white or white/red and a pink. That sort of made sense to me - white + red = pink. But that is not how Papajam drew it on the wire diagrams I have.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going on memory (no longer reliable...) I thought I recalled that the inertia switch (now bypassed) in our '84 Spider had two wires - a red/white or white/red and a pink. That sort of made sense to me - white + red = pink. But that is not how Papajam drew it on the wire diagrams I have.
Thanks Eric
My inertia switch is still in service but i also noticed some wire spliced in there that I need to look into

1 - 6 of 6 Posts