Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you tell me if a 1985 spider came pre-wired for a clock even if none was installed?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
why? have you got no clock, no space in the console for a clock (directly below the gear shift gaitor)?

I would have thought clocks came factory fitted on all S3 spiders

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen several and no clocks including mine. Mu 1990 has a clock but a different style. Recently got a working clock, windshield, engine, gearbox and computers from a 1985 with 63,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I answered my own question. Tore open the console and found the harness has connectors for power windows and the clock that are unused

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
so your console has no hole for a clock? no blank plate either?
got a photo of your set up w/o a clock?

EDIT: actually I found one on google, an 85 with no clock!
one with:
clock.jpg

one without:
85 without.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, now you know what mine looks like. You can feel where to make the hole if you try. I found the plug for the clock and it works!

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
In the U.S. all the harness are the same until a major change in production happened.

1982 one year only.

1983 to 1985 are the same. All models.

1986 to 1989 are the same. All models. Which means they are all wired for the hard top. Graduates are wired for power windows. ETC.

1990 minor changes for the motroinic system

1991 to 1993 are the same. All models .

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Our 1985 Graduate had a clock with it's wiring, also had wiring for power windows, but being an entry level windup windows were installed. I would agree with Jim G, all harness's are the same based on model year

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim G is rarely wrong if ever regarding Alfa knowledge. Mine is wired for everything whether or not it is used or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts