Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned this car for 12 years and enjoyed it immensely but it's time to cut back. The build - not by me but a crazed Alfa guy back in 2004-07 was keyed towards a performance/touring car. All previous money was spent on performance items. The original Alfetta profile without the heavy bumpers and black side rubbers was copied - no AC or radio/speakers. Great DRIVER - . SOLID jack points and front inner fender area - no rust through visible other than a minor spot in spare tire well. The car is pretty Solid . Leather seats and interior in good shape. Sunroof.

Features:

A fresh 3.0 L Verde installed with about 5000 miles since the rebuild

Carrrilo rods
10.5 Venolia pistons with Hastings rings,
Fresh heads - valve job, mild head work, with new C&B cams and valve springs, Rienz head gaskets
All new bearings and seals - new water pump
Reworked computer > Higher Redline and Mod Spark box
IAP headers, the good ones - shorty 3 into two primaries with dual secondaries running to individual long tubes to SS flex pipes to a single low profile stamping under the rear axle to a performance muffler at rear - SOUNDS LIKE A WILD BANSHEE at revs but reasonable as a daily driver and at cruising speeds.

No dyno runs but it's incredibly HEALTHY!

Verdi CR Posi
Clutch and PP replace at time of build
Recent clutch master/slave/flex hose replaced

Front suspension - Lowered, Koni Red shocks with 25.4 mm torsion bars - Performatec bushings and sway bar
Rear suspension - Lowered Koni Yellow shocks with Performatec bushings,springs and sway bar

Verdi close ratio / posi transaxle
Updated clutch/pressure plate - 5000 miles ago

Ronal 16 X 7 alloy wheels with 225 x 40 ZR Toyo Proxes tires

SS Euro bumpers conversion started - front installed - rear still needs mounting brackets to be fabbed and holes filled - I planned on painting the bumper white to integrate with the body and lower body panels.

Interior looks good. Black leather - minor wear on drivers seat - front section of seat was repaired - all seams intact. Dash pad has 3 cracks. Sunroof slides and seals with no issues.

Electrical system - everything works - even the glove box light! electric windows - no issues but typical slower going up than down. Currently dash gauges are fussy since pulled out of storage - speedo and tach bounce - probably a ground - I'll look into it.

Exterior could use some TLC to freshen the 15 plus year old re-paint from door dings, a couple of minor dents on the rear Qtrs and a few scratches. Again this was built as a driver -

Included: Original Speedline wheels, as well as front bumper and painted front valence, front & rear bumper shocks, stock cast head pipes, stock computer and spark box, airmeter, Guido, rear have shafts with additional new flex boots ( I noticed one CV boot torn when I pulled it out earlier this month) and a bunch of other original equipment.

Also available - Getting rid of 20 years worth of GTV6 parts too - separate add will follow. New owner will get first dibs on my "race spares kit" including all suspension spares - new ball joints, tie rods, upper & lower suspension arms /spare 25.4 mm torsion bars / Koni rear shocks / wheel & transaxle bearings & seals / hoses / new brake masters / rebuild kits/ distributor/ alternator/ starter/ injectors & rail / front grill with headlights and buckets assemblies / air meters / sensors / water pump / lower Al oil pan / Campagnola - Alfa wheels and a bunch of other stuff....

Actual mileage - unknown - Clear NYS title. Currently registered for test drives - weather permitting.

Sorry for the poor picture quality but I'll will work on a full PhotoBucket link and a drive video when the weather cooperates for those who call me and provide an email address.

Priced for quick sale to cover 2020 race expenses

$7500 / BO

Chris D
585 330 5456

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
This seems very nicely priced for a sorted GTV6. There have been a few posts in the past couple months of folks looking for a GTV6. Hopefully those folks will see this post.

GLWS!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a question about the rear side vent. If I'm not mistaken, that is similar to the Alfetta in shape and grill design. I'm not aware of any GTV-6 model year with that design. Also I thought all GTV6's had the rain gutter run all the way to the rear valance. The one on your car stops at the end of the glass like the Alfetta. I cut the gutter off on my GTV 6 and welded it up to clean up the lines but kept the plastic GTV6 vent. Also I see the Alfetta rear lights, an easy swap that looks cleaner IMHO. It really looks like an Alfetta from the rear.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup - you're correct. As mentioned the previous owner liked the earlier lines and cut the rain gutter and installed the earlier vents and lights. I like the slimmer tail lights too - lightens up the rear especially with the Euro SS bumpers.

Chris D

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I am amazed this car is not gone yet.

·
Premium Member
14,231 Posts
There is not a big market for GTV6's which is a pity because they are good cars if they are rust free. It took me quite a while to sell mine. My advice is to be patient and wait for the right buyer to come along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts