Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Callaway #5, the last "pre-production" experimental model. Cover feature HEMMINGS SPORTS & EXOTIC CAR, January 2012. Approximately 80,000 miles. Developed miss at 2016 AROC National convention. Glenn Gaudin offered to repair (he had worked on another of my GTV-6's) and then car "disappeared." Just returned to me after filing "stolen car" report with Maine State Police. Apparently the Callaway sat outside with little effort to repair. I'm 80 years old, have had 4 back operations & just don't have the energy to undertake repair. Email me for full file: [email protected].

Attachments

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Well, this is interesting.
Les, you and I were in contact the whole time it was here, and I did a LOT of engine and wiring work. You contacted the police After we had made arrangements to have it picked up.. When they called, I had just spoken to you days earlier.
I am sorry for the time it sat in the shop, but I had had 2 heart attacks during that time,
and that made it difficult to keep working on it.

Folks, this is a beautiful car, with no rust. It has been worked on extensively and just needs some tweaking of the aftermarket ignition and fuel control computer.
Somebody will get a very fine and rare car.

I would be glad to talk about the work I did to anyone interested in the car, I know it well, and I can discuss the mods it has had and the electrical work done. I took the engine down to the block to fix oil leaks, head gaskets and re-assembly. Many fuel lines replaced. There had been many high intensity head light mods over the years, and we cleaned out a birds nest of extra wire and tightened up the engine bay harness.
I worked with the man who built the after market computer, and he is willing to talk to a new owner if you want. There are just a couple sensors not reading correctly, and need to be finished for it to run right. Transaxle is excellent, suspension excellent, interior excellent.
A seriously sweet car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is an update on the car: It just came back from a new local mechanic yesterday. This mechanic went through the car with a fine tooth comb and brought everything up to snuff. The owner is away until the 3rd week of March. After that I will present the car again (first to those on the wait list) with new information on the car and invoices to support the work. Kelly Dietrick [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts