Guys what do you guys think about

LUK clutches I know everyone likes Sachs but are there any opinions out there

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
LUK clutches

no opinion, never used one

LUK makes a lot of OEM clutches

they have two aftermarket lines, OEM and Gold Pro or Pro Gold or Gold something. Gold being heavier duty or performance oriented.

When I had a Ford Ranger, people on a Ranger forum said it was the OEM supplier for the Rangers. Don't remember any real complaints from users there.

Who sells it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw them on-line at a place called part geeks the price for their set up is about 100 dollars less than a Sachs for a 1984 alfa spider at 124 dollar clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing

Angel

·
Registered
what part?
10,895 Posts
from what i remember for being an audi tech. LUK clutch parts were very common..no issues here, they also used them on bmw's and some mzb cars..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just to throw out another option, I put a Spec "stage 2" clutch in mine last year, and I've been very happy with it so far. It'll run you about $340-ish. The "stage 2" supposedly means it will still work well after some power gains, and it has a kevlar friction plate for "longer life."

·
Registered
36 Posts
LUK products are fine we use them often here in the shop. Stay away from aftermarket "performance" clutches. I would never use a SPEC product in anything too many issues all the times people brought them to me to install.

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
nothing wrong with LuK parts, part of Schaeffler Group of motorparts suppliers - Porsche wouldn't have given them a supplier award if they were substandard!......at least I would hope not, not at the speeds we can drive legally over here:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts