Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am regretfully selling my beautiful 1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzurra (Fiat). The car has about 80,000 miles on it but it looks brand new. Many, many things have been replaced. It is in stock/unmolested form and the only modification is an Ansa rear muffler. This is a 5 speed car with electric windows, AC, and leather. The AC needs a R12 charge. Fiat last produced the spider in 1982 and Pininfarina continued production under their name until ending production in 1985. This was the only model car that Pininfarina built that carried their name. Pininfarina changed many things from Fiat and these late care are generally considered far superior.

This car has been driven to many places around the country and is in top condition. It has won awards at the Fiat club's convention. I won't respond to requests for much more detailed info or pictures and I prefer that anyone with SERIOUS interest instead arrange to come and see the car in person. Please contact me through Craigslist and I will get back to you.
Located outside of Philadelphia. Asking $12,500.

1984 FIAT Pininfarina Spider Classic Convertible

image https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151893337858410&l=1d2294f27b

·
Registered
77 Posts
Beautiful! My sister had two of them a 69 and a 72. I am not a buyer but I am in the Cherry Hill area. If I know of someone locally who is interested I will send them your way.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm curious - in what ways?

And how was the production handled? Were the cars always built at Pininfarina, and Fiat just continued to ship them drivetrains and wiring harnesses?

I had a '70 and a '71, both 1608 - fun to drive!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, assembled at the Pininfarina San Giorgio plant with Fiat driveline parts. Body was galvanized and rustproofed. Electrics were different. Overall fit/finish, etc. much more solid.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm curious - in what ways?

And how was the production handled? Were the cars always built at Pininfarina, and Fiat just continued to ship them drivetrains and wiring harnesses?

I had a '70 and a '71, both 1608 - fun to drive!

the real special one was the final 85.5 Pininfarina ones, where they switched to real rack and pinion steering, and beefed up the front end some plus bigger front brakes. interiors were nicer as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts