Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Spider and the rear view mirror is loose and jiggles when driving making it hard to see. I bought the manual from International Auto, but it shows more of a 1986 version and the way they tell me to remove the mirror is incorrect and does not work. Does anyone know how to remove or tighten this mirror without having to remove the windshield? Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,368 Posts
May we assume you mean the rear view mirror near the windshield - not the outside mirrors on the doors?

The w/s mirror is attached with a ball and socket. I assume this would allow the mirror to come off if whacked by ones head (say in an accident because I don't think one would do that on purpose...). It is normally a very snug fit. To remove it feels like you're going to break it.

What part is that loose? Does it have a day/night switch? Maybe the ball is not firmly attached to the socket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH MY...I never would have thought of that, and you are so right, it came off and I got it fixed. Can't tell you how thankful I am, that has been bothering me for over a year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts