Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1201 - 1208 of 1208 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,201
Well, crap. I've completely fallen off the wagon. After trying to find some performance pistons, and looking further into 2.5 parts, I gave up and purchased a 3.0 from APE. Sometimes there is a convergence of interests, and this was one of those times.

So, next year, 3.0 engine build, Verde transaxle build, DeDion build, Milano halfshafts...what am I missing? LOL

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
horsewidower said:
What am I missing?
Your 105 series GTV :D

I'm guilty to, as I've been playing with my 156v6 instead of doing real work on the 1750.
Pete

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,204
Your 105 series GTV :D

I'm guilty to, as I've been playing with my 156v6 instead of doing real work on the 1750.
Pete
Ouch!!!

That's going to leave a scar.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,205

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
That's super, Bob. Glad to read about good results! I think our old Alfas, like any old cars, fall victim to unseen corrosion INSIDE of electrical connectors, between the wire strands and the connector sleeve where it's factory crimped. I've seen this issue mentioned in several posts over the years here on the BB, and I would bet anybody a six pack that some of our electrical gremlins originate with this kind of hard-to-find corrosion.

Your big-gauge additional ground lead was a great idea, also. I hear that was a popular thing on old Giuliettas. Long ago, I recall some old sports cars I worked on that had corrosion so bad up inside connectors, I had to cut them off, dip the wire strands in baking soda/water solution, and re-crimp new connectors onto clean copper wire.

Now... speaking of electrical gremlins, the next dragon we have to slay with Mike's car are the power windows! But we'll do that when we get the door panels reupholstered over the winter.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
I came across this today. I figured since you've checked almost everything on the car. You might want to check this. It should be fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,208
That’s really great info, Jim, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1201 - 1208 of 1208 Posts