·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I jumped in here late, but what's with the engine collection? do you have a few projects going or just planning ahead?

My curiosity requires some experimentation. I can see one getting supercharged or turbocharged. I'd like to take another and spin it with higher compression.

The one that is half apart has heads that are missing their cam caps, so I'll use it to fiddle with porting ideas and to mock up assemblies.

Basically, just to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The riding mower engine swap looks like it's finally complete. I should be back to working on the GTV6 this week. I picked up an APE Sanden and bracket yesterday, it's turning to the hot season now. I think I'll see if I can find a double pass condenser.

Wiring, wiring and more wiring. I'll get back on this. I'm still gathering parts and pieces. My buddy took the alternator over to his rebuilder. 14.3 volts...but only 25 amps :surprise:. Maybe that's why there were scabbed in relays. The PO could throw a DVOM on it and think he had a good alternator, but the car would be suffering from the lousy amperage. Sure, we'll go with that.

I'm pretty **** thrilled with the downpipes and cat I picked up. I'll have to show a before of the mashed up mess that's on the car, and the after of the marvelous piece I obtained.

Anyhow, lots to do, and hopefully I'll be back on it shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I have to admit, I did manage the strength to pass up a Milano at APE...

Always Looking For Another.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I had grand plans for Father's Day. Spend the day cleaning the shop, surveying the accumulated parts, cleaning the dust and dirt off the car, and deciding what to start on first.

But, California central valley weather kicked into high gear. 108*, 19% humidity in the garage.

I'll wait for a cooler day.

·
Premium Member
16,072 Posts
Saw it was supposed to be 118F or so in Phoenix today? Ack!! Have been to that godforsaken place when it was 113F in stop and go driving. Needless to say, the Milano DID NOT like that at all, had to turn the a/c off and pull the front license plate off, but the red overheat light was always on. We about died. Never again.

Of course, you could install a/c in the garage.

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
The workshop is located in a chicken barn built in 1938. It provides marginally better protection than an umbrella. LOL

The goal is to weatherize it and install AC.

Everyone needs a goal...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I decided to drop the exhaust and prepare to put in the new to me CAT.

BFH, plenty of penetrating oil and some time got things loose.

Guibos look good!

The old downpipes look like they were the victim of an over lowered front.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Anyone know how this is supposed to look? Looks like it should have been a typical galvy can with raw tubes, before someone hit with a silver paint bomb.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I'm missing the bracket that appears to go from the front of the cat to the transaxle case. If anyone has one, please let me know. If someone has a picture, I could make a new one.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Huh, I thought it had been longer since I worked on the car.

Nevertheless, it's been too long. Ordered a bunch of parts, today, in anticipation of a thrash over Labor Day weekend. My Alfa buddy, curse him for ever getting me started!, has offered to come down on the 2nd to get this running. Since that is also my birthday, it would be a real treat.

I've come to the conclusion that the lift is 95% good, but a very real 5% bad. Because you can see everything, easily, it feeds my "while I'm here" affliction. An affliction that I'm quite susceptible to. I've decided that I need to adopt, at least in the short run, more of a "Roadkill" attitude. As much as that show makes me yell at the TV "Why are you doing that!, That is completely unsafe!!!, Are you guys ever properly prepared!!!", it does really push the "get the car, fix the car, make the car run, drive the car, ethic that I need to work on more.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
11 hours working on the car today. My buddy showed up at 7:00 am, and we went to it. Our goal was to work on the top side, putting things back on so that it can be started later this week.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Sitting at the kitchen table, going over wiring diagrams and making notes. I find the process of making notes aids comprehension. Especially when V = green, B = white, N = black...and on and on. LOL I think I have the parts and pieces I need, except that I forgot to purchase the black non-adhesive tape to re-wrap the wires. I'll check at the usual local spots.

Also surfing through a lot of the posts dealing with wiring issues, hints, etc.

A big thank you to all those who have plied me with hints, diagrams etc, for the rewiring of this mess. Hoping to make a dent before the weekend is out.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Sitting at the kitchen table, going over wiring diagrams and making notes. I find the process of making notes aids comprehension. Especially when V = green, B = white, N = black...and on and on. LOL I think I have the parts and pieces I need, except that I forgot to purchase the black non-adhesive tape to re-wrap the wires. I'll check at the usual local spots.

Also surfing through a lot of the posts dealing with wiring issues, hints, etc.

A big thank you to all those who have plied me with hints, diagrams etc, for the rewiring of this mess. Hoping to make a dent before the weekend is out.
Agreed, I have long had German color abbreviations down pat, then I had to learn the Italian versions when I bought my GTV6 last year! However, I do know a fair amount of (broken) Spanish, and the color words tend to be similarly Latin-based . . . .:smile2:

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Cleaning, painting, wiring...wash, rinse, repeat.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Starting to put things back together.

61 - 80 of 1396 Posts