Alfa Romeo Forums banner

501 - 520 of 1396 Posts

·
Administrator
12,966 Posts
You can get away with picking up seals and taking them somewhere? The ones around here would put up a real fuss, to be sure. Might get your hand bitten off, lol.
:D

Reminds me a joke involving a penguin returning to his car at a repair shop after just finishing an ice cream, and being told it looks like he has blown a seal ...
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
I have achieved success.

Pictures soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
You can get away with picking up seals and taking them somewhere? The ones around here would put up a real fuss, to be sure. Might get your hand bitten off, lol.
I'd end up needing a rabies shot and probably throw my back out. No good.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Set an appointment with CA DMV for September 11. For final licensing of the car.

Now, need the smog cert and the brake and light inspection. (Or course the car doesn't run at the moment and there are no front headlight or indicator lights) Already insured.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
I'm trying to search and find any threads on GTV6 anti-dive for the front suspension. Anyone know of any?

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
If anyone is in the market, Tire Rack has a closeout on some 16" 5x98 wheels that are supposed to fit the GTV6.

Bob

·
Administrator
12,966 Posts
Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
This is designed in to the front suspension. Usually by angling the inner wishbone suspension pick up points so that when you brake you are (not?) compressing the front spring.

Pete
I understand how it works, I've actually designed road race front suspension. I'm really just being lazy, here. I don't want to go through the hassle of doing all the measuring work to come up with my own solution if one has already been scienced out by someone else. I see a lot of information about dropped spindles, some discussion of fiddling with the standoffs on the LCAs for fiddling with camber, but haven't seen much on changing attachment points on the upper control arm.

Just wondering...my friends tell me I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing.

·
Premium Member
16,075 Posts
I thought the stock suspension was good enough for pretty sporty driving. One can spend time and money screwing around with something some may think is better, but in reality, stock is pretty good. Lol, you don't want to be the next dreaded PO. Just a thought. You are doing a great job on that restoration. Be proud.

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Your point is well taken.

Sometimes I wander a bit.

·
Administrator
12,966 Posts
And then the GTV may get some attention again ... :)O

Pete

Reactions: bulletpruf

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #513

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #514
Well, I just had the thoroughness of the brake and light inspection described to me...I have a lot of work to do.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #515
Summary:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Thats quite the journey for wheel seals. I got my seals from Centerline, they were the right ones, made in Italy, fit first try. Glad you finally got it sorted. On to the next!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
I looked at Centerline's website a couple of times during this journey, didn't see them listed. I should have called.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #518
Working in driver's side suspension. Basically a "wash, rinse, repeat" of the passenger's side. UCA bolt was a bit stuck but was "persuaded" to slide out. Everything is soaking in cleaner, paint tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #519
Fiddling with headlights for the non-stock portion of this car's life. I ordered a couple of these with the integral turn signal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,075 Posts
Haven't seen these before. Legal in Cal?

501 - 520 of 1396 Posts