Alfa Romeo Forums banner
421 - 440 of 1,415 Posts
Ah, the country life. Nice looking estate for sure. I'm sure your wife can''t complain about the money spent on Alfas, as her horses are like big yachts, the proverbial holes in the water you throw mucho money into.

I wonder how the total area of the air flow cooling holes of that GTV6, as your pictures show, compares to that of the 2.5L Milano, which I measured at about ~140-145 square inches total. Haven't measured the 164 yet.

Discussion starter · #422 ·
Ah, the country life. Nice looking estate for sure. I'm sure your wife can''t complain about the money spent on Alfas, as her horses are like big yachts, the proverbial holes in the water you throw mucho money into.

I wonder how the total area of the air flow cooling holes of that GTV6, as your pictures show, compares to that of the 2.5L Milano, which I measured at about ~140-145 square inches total. Haven't measured the 164 yet.

You're absolutely right. My usual statement is "what's the fast way to turn $ into $hit...get a horse". Followed up with "how do you make a small fortune in the horse business? Start with a large fortune ☹".

Ah well, marriage detente is a good thing. She's even urged me to purchase additional parts cars...!!!!! It's a great arrangement.

I'll measure the grill opening when I get it back inside.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, wife has a cousin with at least 5 horses (not far from where "goats" lives in SoCal, actually). Lots of money going to manure there.

While my wife likes the Alfas, she says 3 are clearly enough. When I mention the new Giulia, she asks which car we will sell, and I say I do not understand the question, lol.

Discussion starter · #424 ·
Exactly!

"blast or two of chlorinated brake cleaner"

Be very careful using that stuff, as it can be very dangerous, esp when heated. Vapors may decompose to harmful or fatal corrosive gases such as hydrogen chloride and possible phosgene. One should use only the nonchlorinated versions.
I'm well aware of the dangers of chlorinated brake cleaner, but thanks for posting this. I only use it in well ventilated areas and never when I'm welding or heating something up.

For those who aren't familiar with it, if you apply an open flame to chlorinated brake cleaner, it creates phosgene. And that can and will kill you.

Most brake cleaners these days are non-chlorinated, but not all.

Your log in name makes perfect sense now! My wife always threatens to start a car widows club. Hope that never happens. I can only imagine what they could dream up to help "keep us around". "Honey, the drapes need to be rotated!"

By the way - I can clearly see the reason you have issues with your mowing equipment. It's the wrong color! If you ever decide to invest in quality machinery (Exmark) remember to advise your dealer that there is an equine program discount on our mowers. One small way the horses will pay you back. ;)

Reactions: horsewidower
Discussion starter · #427 ·
By the way - I can clearly see the reason you have issues with your mowing equipment. It's the wrong color! If you ever decide to invest in quality machinery (Exmark) remember to advise your dealer that there is an equine program discount on our mowers. One small way the horses will pay you back. ;)

My latest "FrankenDeere" in process. I don't throw things away...so spare parts are a couple steps away.

I would love to upgrade, but I've purchased Alfas for less than the cost of new equipment.

My latest "FrankenDeere" in process. I don't throw things away...so spare parts are a couple steps away.

I would love to upgrade, but I've purchased Alfas for less than the cost of new equipment.

Bet you can't put an Alfa engine in one.

Discussion starter · #429 ·
"Bet you can't put an Alfa engine in one"

I bet Tim "the toolman" Taylor could, har, har, har!
I was just watching reruns of that show with my son and laughing our a$$ off.

Reactions: horsewidower
I remember one of the episodes that had hot rodded lawn tractors on it.

Discussion starter · #434 ·
Well...June has been unkind to the project. I had the best of intentions, really I did. I'm still dealing with FrankenDeere (electrical issues! which I have steadfastly procrastinated on...), and, additionally, am neck deep in a patio/porch building project. Let's hope that both impediments are cleared by July 8th.

Bob

Discussion starter · #436 ·
Del, it seems like every weekend it's been pushing 100*. However, I have my hillbilly AC system working (a bit of drip irrigation line with several misters stuck in it, supplied by a hose...hanging over the workshop door) and it does a decent job of getting it down to the high 90s. LOL

Discussion starter · #438 ·
HW -

You've got 4 Alfa projects underway. Do you have a plan for priority and sequence? They're all interesting, but the 74 GTV is the one that I find the most relevant.

Not busting your chops; just curious.

Scott

GTV6
GTV
164LS
164S

At least at this moment. I've been collecting additional parts for the GTV.

My goal for any one of them is to get them on the road and have fun. No "paint shop hell." No worry about scratches and dings.

I do want each and every one to be mechanically competent; able to do multi-day trips with the usual precautions.

Discussion starter · #439 ·
Woohoo!!! Pair of Bilsteins I ordered a couple of months ago made it to our front gate. Now I have the complete set. They will be replacing the red Koni set.

Hope springs eternal.

Discussion starter · #440 ·
Patio roof goes on this week, and the FrankenDeere will also be completed. We'll be back to the regular program shortly.

421 - 440 of 1,415 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.