321 - 340 of 1214 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Where are the brake pads?.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an idiot...LOL

I'm reminded again that rushing leads to mistakes, especially when you're tired. I'll check this when we're done mounting tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Will do, Rob.

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Is a check list required? I find them useful when I'm under pressure ... easy to get distracted and forget when you are trying to do 3 things at once.
Pete

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
You are absolutely correct.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
LOL

Glad to be of service!

But, I wouldn't suggest this route.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Any hints on trouble shooting the speedometer?

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #329

You never know when you will need stuff.

All but the lines from Rob.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Add to your knowledge that the rotors are harder than the pistons.

So, with it torn down with the brakes, is it time to jump in and rebuild the front suspension???

I'm leaning that direction.

Might have dodged a bullet, look at that hose

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #331
And, I'd get to install this:

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..."

Well, I'm going to go all in and order the suspension parts on Monday.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Parts ordered, time to tear out the front suspension. I'll pull everything apart, de-rust and paint. I hope everything turns up by Thursday or Friday.

The boss (that would be the lovely Donna) is having a horse show at the place on Saturday. So...I'll hide in the workshop and work at putting everything back together. I prefer to work with the doors open, but not on Saturday.

Looks like I'll miss the cars and coffee.

Bob

Hey, Alfaparticle, Alfaloco, Del, et al...what is the best lubricant to use to keep the galvanic reaction between steel and aluminum at bay?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
"Hey, Alfaparticle, Alfaloco, Del, et al...what is the best lubricant to use to keep the galvanic reaction between steel and aluminum at bay?"

Well, there's good information out there in the boating and nautical community, Bob, but if you're talking about tight clearances, I rely on good old Anti-Seize compound, or at least Lubriplate. I think about any kind of lubricant will offer some degree of a barrier. Consider aluminum caliper bores with steel pistons, for example.

My 2 cents there...

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
I just use antiseize compound where I think there might be a problem between say a steel bolt/stud and aluminum. Otherwise, I don't get concerned, don't consider it a problem in regions of the country where they don't use salt worth talking about. It takes salty water to complete the circuit so to speak. Many salts, such as sodium chloride, behave as electrolytes when dissolved in water. A dry joint won't have that.

And, pure water will not behave as an electrolyte, thus with only slightly acidic rain we have here in this area, not much goes on even when it rains all the time, lol. Moss/mold is more the problem. I do go through and spray WD-40 around, just in general, and wipe it down, just to keep surfaces from showing any degradation as well (probably doesn't do much, but it looks ok afterward).

Because your area has a fair amount of irrigation and hot weather, the soils do become acidic (some southern areas of the Central Valley are quite acidic and so contaminated with salts, many plants won't grow), and rain will cause runoff to be fairly acidic, so I've read. So, just use plenty of antiseize, just to be safe (of course it is not like the Midwest or east coast, where the ph of rain and soil is rather high in comparison, and tons of salt are used on the roads).

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
"The boss (that would be the lovely Donna) is having a horse show at the place on Saturday. So...I'll hide in the workshop and work at putting everything back together. I prefer to work with the doors open, but not on Saturday."

I'm really torn between wanting to be your best friend or your wife's best friend...

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #338
"The boss (that would be the lovely Donna) is having a horse show at the place on Saturday. So...I'll hide in the workshop and work at putting everything back together. I prefer to work with the doors open, but not on Saturday."

I'm really torn between wanting to be your best friend or your wife's best friend...

LOL, first belly laugh of the day. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Hey, Alfaparticle, Alfaloco, Del, et al...what is the best lubricant to use to keep the galvanic reaction between steel and aluminum at bay?
Where is your concern, in the engine or somewhere else?

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Where is your concern, in the engine or somewhere else?

The adjustable torsion bar has a steel sleeve that rotates in an aluminum crossmember.

321 - 340 of 1214 Posts