Alfa Romeo Forums banner

301 - 320 of 1213 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Was that hose blue on the inside?

If so its for brake fluid.

It's from a diesel application. Good to 300 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
It's from a diesel application. Good to 300 psi.

Thats good. The hose sold by the VW guys to connect the metal pipe to the brake master cylinder is blue with blue rubber on the inside.

the

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Well, crunch time is upon this project. I have to get this thing to the smog shop before the end of the month, or I'll have to wade into the DMV for new permits. I took tomorrow off, and have cleared any other tasks this weekend. I purchased 4 tires from tirerack, and they are to be delivered tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Bob (no Don, it's not Christmas!)

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #305

I can't believe the garbage that is sold now a days. I don't think these hangers are a year old. SMH

BOB

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
I'll be looking around for a proper alternative.

Fuel system is very close to being buttoned up, just have to install the filler tube.

I'm not 100% happy, I may fettle it a bit more when I have time.

And, of course, I'll be checking for leaks once it's pressurized.

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
I cannot remember the last time I replaced one of those doughnuts. After mounting/hanging the rear muffler, I do realign the front coupling as unstressed as possible, at least on the 164. Don't remember the connection on the GTV6.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
And...we're done with the fuel system rebuild.

I should resize a clamp, but it's not worth the 2 hours to go into town, shop, and come back.

While I was finishing this, a most welcome purchase arrived.

The existing tires are a pair at 10 years, and a pair at 11. At least it wasn't 4 different tires... LOL

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
So, what brand, model, and size are the new tires?

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
So, what brand, model, and size are the new tires?

I'm a tirerack clearance/sale shopper. These were their #2 ranked Ultra Summer tire. I wanted to get them in a 55, they only had 5 left and I got sniped while I completed the transaction. I settled for the 50 at $65 a tire.

Not bad.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Wow, what a blast!

Got her down off the lift, warmed her up, and we took a tour around our country block. Just WOW.

The engine is sublime, the transmission shifts wonderfully, the steering is light and agile.

However, the brakes are garbage, the idle hangs and the speedo isn't working.

But, no fuel odor, I fixed the one leak at the filter.

Man, I'm thrilled.

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Hmm, haven't read up on those tires. When I can still get them, I've been buying the 16 inch Michelin PE2 Pilots, but they do cost more. No longer available in the 15 size that I have on the Milano, alas. Will have to look for another tire for that car, or go 16 for it as well.

Congrats on the short drive. Can be sweet, can't it.

BTW, might be coming through in the fall, maybe late Oct, visiting a cousin in Roseville before heading on to El Paso. I wonder...

Of course, I will try to make some of the National in Olympia this summer.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Do you think she'd be ready for Coffee and Cars May 5 in Folsom? It's 80's themed!

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
BTW, might be coming through in the fall, maybe late Oct, visiting a cousin in Roseville before heading on to El Paso. I wonder...

Of course, I will try to make some of the National in Olympia this summer.

Del, I'm a ways from Roseville. But my office is only about a mile from where you hang a left to head east on 80 to Roseville. We should talk...

If I feel confidant in the GTV6, I'm going to try and make Nationals.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..."

Do you think she'd be ready for Coffee and Cars May 5 in Folsom? It's 80's themed!

Boy, that would be fantastic. Let's see how far I get this next week.

Hmmm, maybe I should get a couple more transport permits just in case. I wonder if I can get them at AAA?

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Well, the Saturday thrash is over before it really got started. Both front brake calipers blew seals. Which explains why the pedal hit the floor when slowing down to turn into our drive. BUMMER!!!

Perhaps a clue was the filthy barrels in the wheels.

I'm off to get the new tires mounted. Then I'll hit the phone to see if I can scare up some seals. But, that's a long shot. So I'll probably be ordering them Monday.

Meanwhile, I'll pull the calipers, change the hoses and repack the bearings.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Where are the brake pads? One problem with the Brembo calipers is that the pistons develop rust pits right where the seals ride. Inspect the pistons very carefully.

301 - 320 of 1213 Posts