Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1984 Alfa GTV6:

I just pulled this car out of a sand dune. It is a little rough inside, although someone was working on the conversion from cloth to leather. The dash is cracking in the usual way. But, the body is remarkably rust free and very straight. It is a sunroof car and all the glass is intact. It is the Alfa anthracite color. 

The previous owner told me it came from Arizona, then he had it sitting in Albuquerque, NM for a few years. I'm not sure who did 3L conversion in Arizona, but he did an amazing job and clearly knew what he was doing. It is obvious that this was going to be someone's toy. They had basically finished the drivetrain and started on the interior before work stopped on it. 

The engine is incredibly tidy and well wired. So much so that it is difficult to tell there is a 3L in it. The car has many new parts in the engine compartment, all the A/C parts look new. It has as a platinum transaxle and shankle bits all over. It has Koni yellow shocks. It also has a set of headers and a nearly new exhaust system all the way back. Although they are shot now, it had four nearly new P6000 Sport Veloce Pirelli tires on stock wheels. 

It seems like sacralidge to take apart such a rust free car that someone clearly put so much effort into, but I really only got it for the motor. 

Does anybody know any history on this car? 

Since I only need a motor, I would really like to find someone with a good 3L motor that is already out so this car can stay together. Perhaps we could do a trade + cash or something. If not, I'll have a lot of really nice pieces available as it starts to come apart. If you are looking for GTV6 parts then start sending me your lists. 

I'll get some photos by the middle of next week. 

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you weren't on the opposite end of the country, I'd be interested in talking swap.

I have an extra 3.0 Verde motor, and I'd throw in that mirror you were looking for... then we'd discuss the difference owed. Move to New England, and we'll work out a deal.

Cheers,
Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts