Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original, unrestored, low-mileage Maratona origionally sold by Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro NC.

First owner traded her back in after only three months ownership for a ’57 Corvette. Second owner (an AROC member) purchased from same dealer and owned for next 30 years. I purchased from the second owner in 2013, and have only put 1k/year on her since.

Due to a demanding career, and being fully tapped-out with other projects, I’ve decided it's time to sell so that someone else can enjoy her.

Here are the details:
• 45k original miles
• Replaced at 40k miles:
o Timing belt, tensioner (new 164 style), water pump
o All EFI hoses and fuel-lines from tank forward
o New rear brake calipers, and Mintex pads
o Distributor, cap, Bosch Iridium plugs and Magnecor R-100 Racing (10mm) ignition cables
• Run exclusively on Mobil1 Synthetic 15-W50 engine oil
• Royal Purple synthetic gear oil change
• 4 NOS Michelin TRX 200/60HR365 tires recently mounted and balanced to be fit at time of sale (plus two additional NOS tires and unused/original spare)
• Re-Origionals Italian imported ‘Plus’ model 17x7.5 wheels with 245/40ZR17 Goodyear Eagles as optional package to correctly fill wheel arches (as Alfa should have from the start). Note: these require trimming of fender flares/inner fenders to clear body in full-travel/steer.

She's a great original Maratona, not perfect...

Outstanding items:
• Driver’s seat needs re-stitching or recovering
• Sunroof handle surround needs replacing
• A/C needs addressing. I tested York compressor and it works but switches/valves/recharge not yet assessed
• Body requires attention in a few spots as does interior and exterior trim

Looking to get $7500 for a quick sale.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,903 Posts
Looks very nice. I have a friend here in town who got his Maratona from the west coast last year and likes it, too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A few things I'm wondering about since it's a Maratona:

I don't see the Maratona badges.
What happened to the rear window louvers?
Where is the proper rear spoiler?

Is it drivable for any real distance with those wheels and tires?

Any refurbishment done on the rubber suspension bits? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback! I managed to gather up some interior pics over the weekend. I'll try to get onto a friend's lift as soon as possible to include undercarriage as well.

Regarding Maratona badges - there are two attached to the vehicle: one on left side of the hatch-lid; the other on the glove compartment door. A third badge was in glove-compartment when I acquired her, so perhaps it belonged somewhere on interior or exterior as well.

Regarding the louvers - I have them, but they are not attached and would require fabricating-up a new set of bond-on brackets. The original brackets broke prior to me acquiring the vehicle, but I made sure I obtained the louvers in case I ever wanted to undertake restoring and refitting them.

To my knowledge Maratonas did not come with a spoiler, just the standard lip on the trunk-lid. I have seen one retro-fitted with a Callaway Twin-turbo spoiler, and another with either a custom-built or aftermarket add-on.

Thanks!

-Marcel

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last picture below shows original louver bracket as bonded onto rear-hatch glass. Where the 'window' appears in the bracket a flange used to protrude outward onto which louver was bolted. Replacement brackets could easily be fabricated to reinstate original louvers which I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few things I'm wondering about since it's a Maratona:

I don't see the Maratona badges.
Added pics below...

What happened to the rear window louvers?
I have it; just requires new window brackets as explained below...

Where is the proper rear spoiler?
No spoiler from new...see attached brochure.

Is it drivable for any real distance with those wheels and tires?
Drove with those wheels/tires for several months to sound-out areas of interference...would require slight modifications to front inner fender and inside of wheel arches. I did not pursue any modifications since I decided I would be selling her and leave it to new owner to pursue if they choose to. NOS tires on 'phone-dial' stock rims currently fitted.

Any refurbishment done on the rubber suspension bits? Thanks
I have not refurbished any rubber suspension bits other than replacing rear shocks with new Bilsteins.

Thx,
Marcel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. New to the forum and appreciated the wise questions already asked and answered. Interested in the GTV6. What is the best way to reach you? Tired PM'g but I have to have 10 posts to enable that feature.

Thanks Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts