Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been my personal car, since approximately 2001. It is my second GTV6 and my fourth Alfa. I have worked tirelessly and frivolously at times, on its maintenance and constant enhancement for over a decade. It is reliable, fast, comfortable and in extraordinarily excellent original condition, inside and out.

Interior is excellent, as well. No rips no tears. The drivers seat was recovered professionally when I first purcahsed the car.

Upgrades include 17' 5-spoke wheels (6, yes 6 OEM Campis included in sale), 164 S cams, CSC Headers, solid camber bushes, Koni Yellows, SZ bushing, etc., etc. No hacking or removing. Everything that's supposed to be, is. Just, in excellent condition!

I've refreshed virtually every hose, every relay, every suspension bushing, virtually every everything, during my tenure as caretaker.

Stereo includes an Alpine CD head unit with remote, 300W Sony Amp and MB Quart Speakers with dynamat backing.

The car had TropicAir, but I've added the later rotary A/C upgrade and larger receiver-dryer.

Overall, she's original Nero / Black leather, with 105,308 miles. There's simply too, too much into her. Fresh Smog. Passed first attempt less than a month ago.

If you're truly interested, please call me to discuss. It's an excellent example, of a fine, rare and appreciating classic.

Doug. Ph - 323-712-3000. Email - [email protected]

Come along for a drive:
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/veR53T5G3_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Backup link:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
For a car priced at the extreme top end of the GTV6 market, you might want to provide more than two photos.

Not to say that truly interested will call and ask, but...besides - maybe others want to see!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rob/racingswim - No doubt! I ihave even better - lotsa vids. I'm glad to, and sincerely looking forward to sharing all details and presenting the car in person to any/all who sincerely wish to learn more, and hopefully give her a proper home, after my long-standing stewardship.

If you are truly interested, please call or email me directly to discuss and hopefully see and drive the car, too!

Did you see the YouTube video? If not: YouTube -

Doug - 323-712-3000 / [email protected]

Zinhead - Much obliged, and they make an enormous difference and worth every penny IMHO, but this is the classifieds section, so I'll respectfully ask that we move the performance and mechanical conversation to that portion of the site, if you like. Or, feel free to PM me.

Thanks, all!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Nice video ...!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Color says nero, but on pictures it looks almost metallic black or metallic dark grey. Which is it?

Very nice looking car!

Good luck with the sale,
Jes

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AR4me - according to the paint sticker, the AR color is the exceedingly rare "Nero". In person, this is a metallic black color, which appears bronze or dark grey depending on the lighting.

It is the original paint and original color, and it gleams throughout. California car, from new.

Some more pics attached for y'all, and I have plenty more vids too. I'll post another later this afternoon.

Please come for a drive, if you're truly interested!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just received a direct email from Mr. Oscar Garcia on this forum, whose email is:
Oscar Garcia <[email protected]>

Mr. Garcia's unabridged email to me, reads:

"Dude- why are you wasting your time and ad space with that ridiculous ad for a 12k GTV6? You can advertise it for another 100 years, and it will never sell at that price no matter how nice it is. The car is worth 5k max. Get real fool."

Ladies and gentlemen; this is an open forum. We all have a right to our opinion, but we certainly don't have any right to make direct attacks, abuse each other, or take out our own insecurities and animosity on each other, just because there is perceived anonymity.

This is a community and mutual respect, is paramount.

Mr. Garcia, thank you for your comments. This is clearly not the vehicle for you, and I hope you do find a wonderful car that meets your budget.

Thank you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Doug, I have found it better to just list with eBay or Craigslist and be done with it. Lot of tire kickers in this forum. They'll all tell you what's wrong with your Alfa and how it's overpriced, etc. In the end you're demoralized, and still won't have an offer. If you are serious about selling, and who isn't, why create a searchable record of bunch of Alfisti criticizing your vehicle anyway?

My son saw a classic Thunderbird at an auto show recently and asked, "Is that car for sale?". I replied, "Every car is for sale. The better question is 'How much would it cost to separate it from it's owner?'" The car's owner laughed and said, "I've never heard it quite that way before, but you're right. The answer is: 'A LOT."

Somewhere there may be a guy who dreamed of owning a GTV6 in his youth (I did), and your asking price will be small change to him. Every car is only worth how much you can convince someone else to pay. I try to end my online auctions on Saturday nights, around 10 pm central, because that's when you're most likely to get a liquor infused bidding war going on.

Good luck with your sale, and don't let these guys get you upset.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Somewhere there may be a guy who dreamed of owning a GTV6 in his youth (I did), and your asking price will be small change to him.

Good luck with your sale, and don't let these guys get you upset.
Agreed. It's funny how many people don't understand that money is relative and we all have varying amounts of it. We all value things differently spend our money on different things. It's obvious that Mr. Garcia doesn't understand money and consumerism. As you mentioned, all it takes is someone who has always wanted a GTV-6 and has been waiting for a nice example to come around. Once that legitimate buyer does come around, he'll make an offer that he feels it is worth and the buyer and seller will then likely find a suitable price. I'm sure it would be more than I would be willing to pay but then again, I'm quite confident that I would be more willing to pay a lot more than most people if the right Milano Verde came around. A lot more. :D

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
This car is obviously priced above your average tired GTV6, but is likely worth the premium if condition is as described. A special car requires a special buyer, and I think patience is the key. Once a buyer appears looking for this condition GTV6 with the realization how much it costs to put these cars right, it will sell. Perhaps not at the exact price, but that's for the buyer and seller to determine - not the tire kickers. Note that a truly rustfree GTV6 is hard to find, and in itself worth quite a bit.

That metallic black is my favorite color for the GTV6!, but alas I'm out of space :(

Jes

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So you don't sell it to Mr. Garcia....Big deal...Don't let his comments condemn this forum or other Alfisti...I don't believe it to be a valid generalization (as is the case with most generalizations)...You know what you have, the right buyer will know what you have and in the end, the right number will satisfy you both....Beautiful car....just be patient....

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
If I was to sell my 85 GTV-6, I would not accept anything less than 11K myself. I as well have modified in various areas and I kept the original look. Be patient!! I'd rather keep it than to let it go. You can't replace it. If someone bought a 6K GTV-6 they would have to spend the ~6K to get all these mods installed. Nice car

·
Registered
297 Posts
Which is why, in spite of all the complaints from the peanut gallery, I don't think prices need to be posted on this forum.

Seriously interested buyers will be happy to call the seller to discuss, while the peanut gallery just wants more photos and an opportunity to voice their 2 cents worth.

My 2 cents says that you have a nice car and the buyer will be fortunate to get one of the best sounding cars on the road.

As Jes said, if I had the room, it would be in my garage.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If you search this thread you will find two very nice white GTV 6's...One in Chicago (Zinhead) and one in Northern NJ (Vinnie is the owner's name)..I drove the car in New Jersey...It is excellent....;)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Wonderful,
If only I had the energy to argue with my wife.:(
It would be mine.

(Edit) Despite the haters;
Could you please post some more pics, please.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice looking Car

1 - 20 of 32 Posts