Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You might want to check the wiring at the starter. Either that or you just have a plain ol' bad switch.

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You said that it dies slowly? That would point towards fuel. (i didn't read the 1st post carefully) You might try and see if the fuel pump comes on when you move the flap on the AFM (air flow meter) If it does not come this suggests that the wiring,AFM or dual relay is bad. I'm going by memory but I believe that when cranking the fuel pump runs off the starter signal. When the car starts the points in the AFM connect and that runs the relay to power the pump.
So... if the AFM is stuck closed or the connector has some wires that are pushed out it will not run. Also pull the rubber boot off of the backside (harness)of the connector and make sure that the pins are not pushed out.

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Don't ask me how the two circuits should be wired - it was many years ago
Yeah, I'm shootin' from the same hip as you. It's been probably 10-12 years since I have had a GTV-6/ Milano that I had to troubleshoot for something like that.

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Also. Before you just start replacing parts you need to test them. Get a test light and test the wiring at the ignition switch to see what is going on. You already have the cover off the column so the wires are right in front of you.

Paul

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The inertia switch completely cuts the power to the pump. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check it but I would guess that it would only fire up once or twice with the residual fuel pressure if that was the case. It is a little tan canister near the passenger (US) side firewall. It has pink(?) wires going into it. You can see if the button on top is popped up.
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.