Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD!

1984 GTV6 for sale in El Cerrito, Calif. Runs but will need some work before it's ready to drive. Body in good condition with almost no rust. Complete except for the A/C.

I bought this car to get into GTV6s, but I lost interest when I acquired my Maratona (for which I have taken the A/C) and put it into storage with some fuel stabilizer in the tank and a little Marvel Mystery Oil in the cylinders. For summer kicks and as a learning experience, I decided to get it running this summer and succeeded, though it will need some more work to get it driving safely.

I have replaced the sparkplugs, timing belt, thermostat, water pump, and fuel hoses. I have also changed the oil and filter, flushed the brakes and clutch, and chemically flushed out the cooling system. I replaced the master cylinder with a spare used one that will engage after some pumping -- my replacement probably needs a rebuild. The car will drive and brake fine but the front tires are nearly bald so those will need more replacing before it can be taken on the road (not to mention the hassles in California with emissions, etc.).

The body is in very good shape with very little rust (a small amount on the edge of the passenger side front fender behind the wheel and in the battery tray). The paint is not so great from an objective standpoint -- it is quite faded and burned through in a couple of places by a previous owner. But the chesnut brown to me looks interesting when buffed out, kind of like the old painted stucco buildings you see everywhere in Italy. The dash naturally has cracks, the carpets are a little threadbare in places, the driver's seat is pretty worn, and there is a split on a small section of the rear seat. The heater valve has been replaced by a straight section of tubing.

I think it has a lot of potential for restoration, but in the interest of domestic sanity it's time to move on. I hope the next owner will be able to return it in some way to the road, but even if things don't work out it will be worth more than the asking in parts.

More pictures here:
Picasa Gallery: 1984 GTV6
Videos:

[email protected]
720-432-8461 (leave a message)

or PM me if you don't mind waiting a couple days for a response.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Consider it sold. The truck will pick it up over the weekend. I will let you know about the date and time as soon as I hear from the driver.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to see it going to a worthy home. A big project -- but I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts