Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys sooo.....

When i look at putting new cams on my spider I look at the cams from various sites and they all say the same thing not to be used for 1982 to 1989 l jetronic spiders. My questions are this

1. How do i change cams since i will have to remove the mechanical vvt for my spider? I will be going with an after market system
2. what do people recommend

I am also changing out the bosh l jetronic system. I am looking at a SDS system for the fuel and a RML distributor.
What I am looking for is more top end steady idle and more power. If anyone could help me along I would really appreciate it. Christmas is coming and ive been researching so my wife will get a hint at what I want LOl :) Anyone in Arizona that may be interested in working with me id really appreciate that too.
Im about 80 miles north of phoenix have tools etc

Ive been doing alot of reading and i always like to prepare by doing book learning
I have to thank Mr. Gordon for answering some of my questions about the SDS system

Thanks Angel

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,037 Posts
He is AlfaR7. Send him a PM.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late response but Ed, I thank you very much for your advice to talk to Mr. Jemison and he will sell me a nice pair that will work with my set up. I told him in a few months so Im looking at my wife saying Honeyyyyy you know what I want for Christmas right LOL any way thanks a bunch

·
Registered
971 Posts
As I live about 100 miles east of Pensacola, I was fortunate enough to have Richard work on the head of my 84 Spider when it needed a valve job (#2 exhaust valve was shot) a few years ago. I included a set of new RJR cams to my otherwise stock 84.

My car runs better and pulls stronger than it ever did. You're gonna love it!

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
Cams

Christmas is coming and ive been researching so my wife will get a hint at what I want LOl
They come nicely boxed, and wrapped, and would make a excellent Christmas present for your wife.

I bought my 3rd ex-wife a new Mylar headsail for the boat. Not only was she surprised, the silence was an additional benefit....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I also want a GI Joe with a kung fu grip. The way I see it the cams will be easier to get. My wife will be over joyed at making me happy and she'll be reassured that I'll keep her around for a while. Sometimes she says (I think you love the Alfa more than me) ..... a long silence is all I can manage for that situation lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts