Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Second owner of this California/Bay area car! Red exterior with camel interior.

For those interested I will be continuously updating this ad with pictures and more details!

My aim is to be forthright and honest about this vehicle as no Alfa this age is perfect!

Comes with:
Abarth exhaust (taken to a local professional multiple times until it sounded just right! Not too loud and not too quiet!)
Panasport wheels (comes with original wheels as well)

Cons:
Engine mounts should be replaced
Battery drain (drains every 2-3 weeks)
Minor oil leak (I top off every 500 miles or so)
Synchros work well when warm but not cold (common issue but I still want be honest, I can drive the car without crunching but only because I am very familiar with the car)
Exterior could use some love but overall fair condition.
Top is in good shape, no tears but water will find its way in on heavy down pours.

That being said this car starts up every time and has never given me a hard time outside of the battery drain. New shocks and tie rods installed.

More pictures coming soon!

Looking for $10,000
Berkeley, California.

Reason for selling: focusing on my 73’ spider project car.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me and thank you for looking!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I might have its cousin. Panasports and all.
84 Spider.

By the way, @tremere613 - might sound silly but I just had an issue with a battery drain. I've had no issues with the battery over winter which I try and start every 1-2 weeks. The last 2 weeks the battery would be dead after sitting for just a couple of days. It would re-charge with no problem. Trying to figure out what was causing this so while in the garage with all lights off, checking to see if there were any lights on. I noticed that the ignition switch (key) had a very faint light on. Turned out that I had accidently bumped the interior (dome) light switch under the rear view mirror to always on while wiping down the interior/mirror. Never noticed in the day time, but an easy fix.

All the best!

·
Registered
558 Posts
84 Spider.
View attachment 1616140

By the way, @tremere613 - might sound silly but I just had an issue with a battery drain. I've had no issues with the battery over winter which I try and start every 1-2 weeks. The last 2 weeks the battery would be dead after sitting for just a couple of days. It would re-charge with no problem. Trying to figure out what was causing this so while in the garage with all lights off, checking to see if there were any lights on. I noticed that the ignition switch (key) had a very faint light on. Turned out that I had accidently bumped the interior (dome) light switch under the rear view mirror to always on while wiping down the interior/mirror. Never noticed in the day time, but an easy fix.

All the best!
Now that is the kind of repairs we like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
84 Spider.
View attachment 1616140

All the best!
Hahaha
I love that kind of repair!

But honestly worse case scenario if you ever have an actual drainage issue it can be traced down with two people quite easily.

One at the battery testing it and one pulling fuses..

I just don’t have the time currently, work has gotten to be ridiculous lately.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts