Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this posted for sale. Not mine, not affiliated. Probably not much traffic on it yet as it's spelled wrong. Someone grab it!

Alfa Romero GTV6 ***

text:
Alfa Romero GTV6 *** - $1600 (W Covina)

84 Alfa Romero GTV6 - Maratona edition, V6, 5 speed manuel trans,sunroof, good condition, silver with black interior, sitting several
years, ran fine when parked, nice collectible car 1500.00 firm takes it. nada classic car value guide low value 7700. 626-214-6823

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2315969323

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gtv6

I got the car. Not what one would expect from reading the craigslist add but its an 84, prior LR Q-panel work, needs to be redone and completely repainted. Black leather interior with minor bolster tear, Engine has not run for 3 years and so on. The tires still hold air and there is no rust. Its a tight car but will need lot of TLC.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Everyone needs a Maratona!

Does it still have the original clear hood insert? I've been looking into recreating one for my car and would love some pictures of the mounting, etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh Ye :) Nice restoration with new paint, mechanic, and other necessary TLC should make this a beauty. When done, think it will be in the 7-10K range car. Just gotta make sure I don't spend over that amount :):). It does have the clear hood insert. Will take a pic when I see the car. Its at my brothers garage.

Thanks for the good wishes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh Ye :) Nice restoration with new paint, mechanic, and other necessary TLC should make this a beauty. When done, think it will be in the 7-10K range car. Just gotta make sure I don't spend over that amount :):). It does have the clear hood insert. Will take a pic when I see the car. Its at my brothers garage.

Thanks for the good wishes.
I agree. This is a restorable car. Body and paintwork approx. $5000.00, Interior work (Dash top was terrible) approx. $1500.00, Engine work (assuming no major work required) approx. $1500.00, General mechanical recomissioning (Bushings, hydraulics, needs some exhaust work, tires as it's been sitting for two years) approx. $1500.00 Plus set aside another $500 for other unknowns...

Grab the calculator... and.... lookee here $10,000 !!!

Yes, I did consider it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's why you did not get it or the guy wouldn't call you back? I can get all that you have mentioned for half price. Lets see how it goes. Have spare 86 Engine, New 86 spare gearbox w/new clutch and new donuts, spare cat, and all else needed to bring it up to date.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's why you did not get it or the guy wouldn't call you back? I can get all that you have mentioned for half price. Lets see how it goes. Have spare 86 Engine, New 86 spare gearbox w/new clutch and new donuts, spare cat, and all else needed to bring it up to date.
No, I DID get a call back.... I saw the car in person.

I'm glad you got the car. I'm also happy that you will be able to do it for less than MY estimated budget. It should be a good car when it's done.

Good luck, and enjoy it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts