Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Alfa without a radio. There are two unused plugs. One has 8 pins and appears to be the speaker wiring. The other has 4 pins. The colored wires are: purple, yellow, red and black. I have an idea of where the wires go but would like to be certain. This Alfa has the antenna in the windshield. Is there an adapter for the antenna connector in an after market radio?
Thanks for looking

·
Administrator
16,622 Posts
The antenna in the windshield should have a standard antenna cable attached at the bottom, center of the windshield. If it is not there you may SOL. I don't know if it possible to replace it.

Below is a snip of the radio wiring from PapaJam's excellent color-coded wire diagrams. The next is from the Alfa Shop Manual. This is for our '84 but I suspect your '83 is the same.

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,622 Posts
You are welcome! I suggest you send PapaJam a PM and request a copy of his color-coded wire diagrams for your car. Include your email address and he'll send a couple of attachments as 'pdf' files. He'll ask that you consider a donation to the BB to help keep it alive. His work is well worth it and I think you'll agree this BB is an excellent resource for keeping our cars alive & well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1983 Spider radio wiring

I did as you suggested and received the wiring diagrams yesterday. They are awesome. Also sent my donation.

·
Administrator
16,622 Posts
They sure are great wire diagrams! I took a copy of the wire diagrams (on a USB flash drive) to an office supply store. They printed out an 11" X 17" color copy and then laminared it for me. Cost about $5.00 Makes it real easy to read & keeps it clean.

P.S. thanks for making a donation. This BB is a very valuable resource for Alfa owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts