Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's with a heavy heart that I am selling my beloved GTV6. It's been a great companion and rarely missed a beat for over 30K miles that I have put on it.

The car was originally a San Diego car and has no underbody or shock tower rust, and no A pillar rust. It has been garage kept since coming to the east coast and not driven in winter. The original 2.5 motor is strong and does not consume much oil at all. I have spared no expense maintaining this car and have receipts far in excess of the value of the car. Also have all receipts from PO.

The main weakpoint of the car is the cosmetics of the paint. If you can look past that or like a bit of patina, the car underneath is solid and reliable with no issues that need immediate attention.

Some nice features are:
stainless steel exhaust with new Cat and magnaflow rear section. Sounds fantastic.
Koni Yellows
Thicker than stock torsion bars-new
Ronal A1 style wheels with pretty good summer tires. Also comes with complete set of original campagnolo rims.
The rear brakes and calipers are completely new
New timing belt tensioner.
Timing belt still has good life left on it.
New Hella headlamps

Issues:
2nd gear synchro is shot - but I drive it with no problem by double clutching
One small patch of rust in the rear wheel arch - comes with steel panel to replace this when needed.
The hood has a dent on it which occured when something fell on the car when it was parked outside once. Not sure how. This dent has got some surface rust where the paint flaked away.
No AC
Cracked dash
Seats are faded but with no tears.

This is a solid as hell car that I would drive just about anywhere without hesitation. Everything works. The car starts every time.
It's been driven to Watkins Glen, tracked for 2 days and driven home without even a slight issue. It's been driven to Tail of the Dragon and back without a hiccup. Ditto Summit Point, and Lime Rock. For someone who likes to drive, and who isn't afraid to do some bodywork, this is a car which will be extremely rewarding to drive and easy to own.

I am only selling this car because I now need something that can be driven 4 seasons and with some more modern creature comforts for my wife. I'll be sad to see it go. Asking $6500 obo. Lowball offers will be politely ignored, as I am not desperate to part with this car.
Car is available to view in Brooklyn, NY
email me at bpdesign (at) gmail for more info.

Some videos of the car in action:

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Man - I've seen this car on petrolicious! If I had the garage space, I'd buy this in a second. Sadly, in NYC, covered spaces are at a minimum, and such a car can't be kept outside really.

Out of curiosity, where is your car had it's maintenance done?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man! Yes the car was featured in photos on Petrolicious a while back.
The car has been worked on by all three top Alfa shops in the NYC area over the years:
Alfa Auto Clinic in Baldwin, Alfa Import Center in Queens, and Domenicks in White Plains. Only genuine Sicilian mechanics have laid a wrench on this car in the time I've owned it hahah.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great pictures! Limerock got me excited about motorcycle track day starting next year! How many miles are on your GTV at the moment?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh good question, I forgot that!
Car has 169K miles on it. Does not run like a high mileage car though. For the Busso V6 that is like middle aged.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks man! Yes the car was featured in photos on Petrolicious a while back.
The car has been worked on by all three top Alfa shops in the NYC area over the years:
Alfa Auto Clinic in Baldwin, Alfa Import Center in Queens, and Domenicks in White Plains. Only genuine Sicilian mechanics have laid a wrench on this car in the time I've owned it hahah.
Seems you've taken good care of this car, and even taken it out for some good exercise. 15" A1s suit it.

Not sure how 'genuine' Sicilians are to the Alfa marque though...I'm half Sicilian and it hasn't helped me much ;) Furthest south Alfa made it was Naples for the Alfasud and commercial stuff, if I remember.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Zinhead you may be right...but the fact remains that as of today the car is Sold. And the new owner is a swell guy who will be a great custodian of the car.
Thanks to those who expressed interest!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Thanks for the kind words @wonderbrad. I am indeed the lucky new owner of this great GTV6, a car I've been dreaming about owning since I was 15 years old (which was incidentally in 1983, so how's that!)

She will ultimately be making her way back to SoCal, where she can expect tender loving care, coupled with robust exercise on the Pacific Coast Highway!:grin2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts