Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well firts thanks for reading my post, well the problem with the car is bad , is overheating tooooooo much and the problem is that i did replace t-stat, water pump,thermal switch, 2-10" electrical fans and rotating to the correct way,new heads gaskets ,new coolant ,new hoses,new radiator cap, well the thing is that even with all the new parts the car still overheating, somebody toll me to boil the radiator ones and i did it but 3 years ago but i did never install the radiator untill now, and also the guy that cleaned the radiator 3 years ago toll me that the rad was to old for a second services, my question is do you guys think that the overheating problem could be on the radiator or it could be ??????????, because when i turn the engine off it overflow the the coolant tank . well thanks for help this desesperate guy .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i want to thanks steveh from texas seens that he is the only one trying to help me , what happen with the others alfasionados?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Assuming it's not a faulty indication, and the thermostat you installed is working, I would strongly suspect the radiator needs to be rodded.

Greg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to you too greg i know you do have a lot of experience on this cars , i am getting a new radiator by the end of the week and i keep you guys informed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Poor response to enquiry

Hi,

You posted your enquiry on the Alfa truck & bus page, maybe reason for the poor response to your GTV6 enquiry?

Collivanfan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i have a new aluminun radiator installed today and it looks that this solve the problem thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts